Anyone been out to wiperious lately ?

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
2smokeadam

Anyone been out to wiperious lately ?

Post by 2smokeadam »

Would like to try and get out this weekend with all the nice weather ! Anyone know how much snow is still out in wiperious or burnt timber ??

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Anyone been out to wiperious lately ?

Post by Braap791 »

The grounds still frozen in most places. It may not look it but stud less riding wont get you very far out of the parking lot. Shoulder season stud setup would be recommended at the very least.

downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Post by downunder366 »

Braap791 wrote:The grounds still frozen in most places. It may not look it but stud less riding wont get you very far out of the parking lot. Shoulder season stud setup would be recommended at the very least.
Agreed^^

You may want to consider Wildrose which should be open for riding without studs.
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

I was there a few weekends ago. There were some sketchy corners that were skateable and other places that were big puddles of muck. I was glad I still had my trellies on. On the bright side trellies cut through blue grooved pavement like substance that occurs at the mx track.

WrRider

Post by WrRider »

I rode Whiteflag and Whispering Pines last week.

Whiteflag was incredibly dry for the most part. Down in the valleys the ruts are filled with frozen water (ice). Definitely need studs on that ice.

Whipering was melting late in the late afternoon sun. Very little snow but the melting ground was slick. Think mud on ice. Still great riding though. The cut lines and quad trails are still snow and ice too.

Generally the conditions are fantastic, though it is easy to really chew up studded tires if you are hard on the throttle in the rocky areas.

PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Looking to get out riding this weekend(no studs), suggestions?

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Brooks mx track,wildrose mx track, or temple hill mx in Raymond.