Looks for trail with large logs.

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
gorillam
User
User

Looks for trail with large logs.

Post by gorillam »

Looking for a trail with the most large logs, I need to practice for the event coming up, anyone know of any trails, maclean creek that have a very large amount of them. The nastier the better.

Thanks.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Looks for trail with large logs.

Post by giantjoe »

Beer bong would probably qualify for lots of logs, maybe not the biggest, but a pain if you're unprepared. There's a couple in the SE section with lots too, just can't remember their names. Loghopper maybe?

There's a couple trails with one or two big logs on them with good preparation, Swany's, Stallions, Quirk Ridge, Pecker Poles. There's some big ones on those, but like I said, good preparation for them. Horizon also has good frequency, but they're pretty easy.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

aebbern
Writer
Writer

Post by aebbern »

How about the endurocross track at Wild Rose? Last year they had a pretty good assortment of logs to practice on.

Beta 300RR

gorillam
User
User

Post by gorillam »

I was practicing at the endurocross track but it's shut down until Rocks and Logs, and I need a few more weeks practice badly before the event. Much appreciate the help I will go check out those trails now that I have your trusty trail map!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gorillam
User
User

Post by gorillam »

Also looking for anything like this (see attached, amazing drawing), straight shelf, more of a trials type obstacle, anyone see anything like this on the trails?

Sorry for all the stupid questions but I need to practice my trials and don't know the Maclean trails very well. Any help is appreciated a ton!
Attachments
mspaint skills.jpg

gorillam
User
User

Post by gorillam »

Last stupid question of the day.

Are there any "legal" openings a guy could put together a small obstacle course using deadfall? I will do the work if someone wants to point me in to the right direction. I used to cut MTB trails all over the place in BC when nobody cared.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

You could always go ride the endurocross course at Blackfoot. Might be the best practice for what you're up to?

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Post by KanadianIceMan »

wildrose MX park is closed for the building of rocks and logs course.

Taddy is coming this year.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

You could ask Renee Turner if you can ride at their compound in Barons. It's pretty sick, they have a full enduro cross course. You need to sign their waiver and its 10 or 15 a day towards their maintenance. Downside is it's an hour away, upside is the Turners are awesome folks and there always seems to be some pretty skilled guys and gals to ride with down there.
Bikeless....

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

KanadianIceMan wrote:Taddy is coming this year.
Sounds like he won't be racing:

http://enduro21.com/index.php/component ... e%E2%80%9D

timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by timbruce »

That stinks! For him and us, as spectators.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Hooligan wrote:
erniebearskin wrote:You could ask Renee Turner if you can ride at their compound in Barons. It's pretty sick, they have a full enduro cross course. You need to sign their waiver and its 10 or 15 a day towards their maintenance. Downside is it's an hour away, upside is the Turners are awesome folks and there always seems to be some pretty skilled guys and gals to ride with down there.
Where is this place and I how do I get there? Sounds GREAT! :D
You can text Renee at 403-634-9695. The track is East of Claresholm. About an hour from the South end of YYC.

The best places in Mclean to go and practice for endurocross would be barwell 2nd ridge. lost in time and moon rocks. There is some tough technical obstacles in there. You can get off trail in the moon rocks and try some erzberg carls diner practice. You can also practice some trials skills on the big rocks and the loading ramp in the parking lot at fisher south. (although totally not legal a good practice is blasting across a cutblock that has been logged. You folks that complain about racing through them should try being the first person riding through them in the rain with a chainsaw....) You don't have to go far or fast to practice technical riding.

Another great ride that has lots of logs and technical is the legal single track from Fallen timber in the Ghost.

As far as new trail goes, I think its been covered, but there are plenty of opportunities to support trail development for the race and through trail maintenance days. Killer extreme trails are not likely ever going on the map as legal trail. Those types of trails are old folklore and are few and far between.

See you out at Rocks and Logs

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

KanadianIceMan wrote:wildrose MX park is closed for the building of rocks and logs course.

Taddy is coming this year.
I was riding the track last night, Rocks n Logs course was wide open and very busy.
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST