Where to ride? Newbie

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Sloth241

Where to ride? Newbie

Post by Sloth241 »

I moved to Canmore about two years ago. I have a KTM EXC 500 but I have no idea where I can legally ride it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jeff

BarryM
User
User

Re: Where to ride? Newbie

Post by BarryM »

Legally? You asked the right question! There's been a lot of talk about the Ranger crackdown this year on Plate, insurance, registration, front and back lights. McLean Creek is the best place to start. Join and get the club map. Come out to Club Night and learn some trails. Or go to the McLean Cr. store and get the government map (which doesn't have the names used here). Waiparous is the other area.
09 KLX250
83 XL500
79 PE175

cycleworks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cycleworks »

Since its a 500EXC, you can ride anywhere a truck could go! That's a street legal model, so providing you have your signals, lights and horn active you can also kill days upon days exploring all kinds of cool places! You could ride your bike out to Mclean and then hop on some legal single track, or the gravel road all through Kananaskis! The guided rides would be a great place to start to explore single track options, or the ADV (dual sport) club would be a huge asset to finding some street/light off road adventures!!
Allison - Parts Department - Cycleworks Calgary (403) 230-1920
2018 250 XCW

Sloth241

Post by Sloth241 »

Thanks. Great advice. I need to pick up a trailer and head to Mclean Creek to give it a try.

Once I get set up to transport the bike I can join the club.

Jeff