What Trail(s) is this?

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: What Trail(s) is this?

Post by Dobi »

Barwell ridge

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Dobi nailed it. They start south bound on Barwell Ridge, then start into Barwell 2nd Ridge.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I only remember it as I rode it last night.

The downfall of Barwell is that the entrance has a fairly significant switchback with a rough series of ledges the last 10m or so. Once past that, it is a great trail.

taking Westhills in may be a better bet, but I haven't ridden it yet this year.

SpecialK
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by SpecialK »

Hooligan wrote:THANK YOU!

It looks like a decent bit of single track that is not overly gnarly. My wife is still kinda tentative on the single track so trying to find some fun trails that are not massively hard work.
She should join a ladies ride :thumbsup: last night only one lady came out (though she was awesome and we had a blast regardless!) the ride are set up to help ladies get a taste of single track.

I believe Alyssa is doing another one next week :thumbsup:

Also, Dobi is right, the last bit of hill on a few sections is .. ledgy and a bit rough for a newer rider, but even if someone needed help, its doable.
2016 KTM 250 XC-F #92

2009 KTM 250 XCW
2006 KX 250

takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takethebounce »

I believe with most things, it can look more intimidating to a newer riding than it really is. That video doesn't really do it justice. Its a little rougher than that if you do not pick the right line. If she is newer I still wouldn't discourage her from trying that section. If she cannot make it, no big deal, its 10 feet of rock and then you are on your way.

There are lots of other sections which may be less intimidating as well. Best thing is that right now things have never been dryer out there. We could actually use some rain! The typical wet sections are dry and there is less of a need for people to create their own lines around obstacles.