Johnny Two Doo's

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Johnny Two Doo's

Post by takethebounce »

Anyone know how much logging will impact the area around Johnny Two Skidoos? I rarely ride West side stuff anymore and stick to the East but was a little disappointed to see what they have done through there.

Getting a little grown in too! If someone wants to tackle it and cut back some alders some weekday let me know and I will help.

Last night went from Elbow View (some soft sections) to Swanys, pecker poles (some good bear markings on the trees), back through Johnny's and out the last two which I never know the names of (514/512 maybe?) and back towards the gravel pit and was pleasantly surprised at how dry most of it is.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Johnny Two Doo's

Post by trailguy »

I don't think J2S has any planned cut blocks. Approx. 2 years ago Dobi posted a pdf link to Sparay Lakes future cut blocks up until 2018 ? I gave it a good look over and actually could not see any legal single track that had cut blocks planned up until 2018, I believe I replied to Dobi's post in regards to this.That being said, Spray Lakes has been known to change their plans, so hopefully not in this case.
Thanks for the offer on the Alders, would be nice to get some of those cut out. :cheers:

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

I'm planning to get out there with the club hedge clipper at some point to knock back the over growth. It just hasn't been able to come together for me yet.

Who has the clippers anyway??
The voices are back. Awesome!

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

The clippers are in the seacan. If you want them I can grab em next friday for you.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

If someone can dig those clippers out and have them find their way to me, I will try to tackle j2s the weekend of the 17th if not sooner.
The voices are back. Awesome!