Shooting is getting out of control

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Shooting is getting out of control

Post by Bark »

Thanks 350scott and Hooligan.

My comment was not intended to throw anyone under the bus. It was more intended to say that if shooters had a designated range, then these conflicts would probably be non-existent. No?

My personal logic not being a dedicated shooter (I have reloaded my own in the past but not ever been a serious shooting enthusiast), is that it makes no sense at all to shoot into a backdrop that isn't 100% controlled. There have been many reports on this forum stating that 'dummies' don't take that precaution. In the same way that I'd like to see idiot off-roaders seriously penalized by our justice system, I'd like idiot shooters managed. I acknowledge there are probably 99% good shooters. Just like good off-roaders, they don't get any public kudus either.

To partially quote a statement from RMDRA's official comment to the SSRP process, "People with no options make poor decisions."

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Being both a shooter and OHV user, I do have to agree with the OHV users here.

People are being unsafe. It'll ruin it for all shooters.

There is NO REASON to have any questionable safety risks when shooting. None. MANY shooters don't see that.

True, a public range exists. It's downright scary for many reasons. Other ranges cost moderate to significant amount of money. For this reason, you often get the "bad apples" on crown land. Often shooting cheap guns and cheap ammo. Another problem for the gun enthusiasts. The SKS has caused more mess and unsafe shooters in our country than probably any other gun in Canadian history (besides shotgun), then followed by .22's.

Some understand it in the gun community, but there is a large portion who don't. These people are the ones being unsafe and who will ruin it for everybody.

gdg530
Writer
Writer

Post by gdg530 »

I witnessed this first hand today.There was someone shooting into an open cutblock just meters below the ewok trail,only in Mclean can anyone just pull off the side of the road and start shooting weapons into a field.We were quite nervous riding the trail with that going on but the person was gone when we got back and it would have done nothing for me to speak to the person,oh and saw 3 SRD trucks out there checking bikes and that was it.There are smart people out there for sure but it is only a matter of time before a dumb one ends someones life.