Past Prez, stallions and That 70s Trail

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Past Prez, stallions and That 70s Trail

Post by Braap791 »

We rode these tonight. Ran into 2 bikes with 1 quad just at the end of Past Prez :thumbsdown: . We were able to stop and talk to them and let them know that the quad is not supposed to be on the single track. We were told that there was no signage (there was a few weeks ago) and that he has been riding on it before with some convincing they did turn around and vacate. We need to organize a day to get this handled before we lose this trail as its getting way to easy to access it from that end.
About 20 minutes later we were on 70s trail and the same 2 bikes and 1 quad came up that hill across from outlaw which T's into 70s trail. The one guy was pretty mad about being caught again and was very angry that "this is single track too?" There was a no quad sign right there. Once again we need to get a crew out and spend an hour blocking that entrance as its to easy to become a poached trail.

IT would be nice to get some of the newer members involved as these are non time consuming blockages so it will not take up a whole day to do and we can get some riding in. Also at stallions where you can see the 5 K is littered with quad tracks all it will take are 2 up and overs and this problem will be solved.

The same crew of regular guys cannot always do all the work. We need help from the old members and new members to get some of these problem areas under control. Giving up trails to the quads is not an option unless we are getting new trail on the map and I would not hold your breath on that one at this point.

I will get off my soap box now

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Past Prez, stallions and That 70s Trail

Post by GWsXR250R »

I'm always up for helping out!
Let me know if and when and what I can bring and I will be there :thumbsup:
I'm free most Friday's if a weekday works.
GW

NoPlan
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by NoPlan »

Katie and I have volunteered as well in the past. We are never against helping out. Our issue is we are not on the computer alot so miss a bunch. We can help most weekends and some weekday evenings as well.

Only issue for us is we are novice riders so we cannot get out to the super knarly places :(

And I need to get my front suspension fixed before I cam hope on my bike. However I am willing to help.

Pme with dates etc whenmy bike is fixed we will come.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Thanks you guys. I will keep everybody updated and once I get a date planned in the near future I will let you guys know. I will also pm you noplan so your kept in the loop.

wheels13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by wheels13 »

I will help as well. Fridays work well for me as well.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

I'm also up for Fridays with a bit of heads up to jig my schedule. I also saw a group quaders out yesterday but these guys were getting off their quads every ten feet picking garbage all along the road from 5k onwards, we chatted for a while about random campers, shooters, shirtless side by side operators and organized clubs like the ATV Club and RMDRA trying to do the right thing. Problem users of the area affect all users of McLean, not sure the point of posting this tidbit, maybe just to make everyone aware that there are good and bad in both camps.
Bikeless....

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Your absolutely right about that Bryan if we can work together with the jeep clubs and quad clubs we could seriously do some good in the area. It would definitely help to educate the non club members on the goings on out there.

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

i get off work at 1pm Friday if someone can organize a Friday afternoon work party.
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST

blackchrome
User
User

Post by blackchrome »

would be more than willing to help out, just need a few days notice will do what i can to get out of work.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Thanks guys! I have something in the works right now I am just waiting on the material and we can get a few of these problem areas handled easily.

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by GWsXR250R »

let me know if you need a hand with material. I have access to lots of scrap metal, piping channel, angle iron if we wanna get extreme.

got a truck and trailer to haul it to if need be!

keep me posted.

GW

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Please keep me in the loop. I dont have a lot of free time in the old schedule but if it worked out I would def come help. Weekends are best for me.

premix
User
User

Post by premix »

I am new to the club and would like to help out. I have a bit of a random schedule but let me know when this is happening and I will check if I can get out and help.

Dave8444
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave8444 »

I can help in any way you need any time you need.
Dave

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Assuming the weather holds I would like to get some guys together and go block in the south end of Past Prez with a width control install if possible on Friday June 12 after 5:00. You will need a bike for this and I would like to pull together some volunteers to get this handled. If it works for you let me know!