Racehorse Creek

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
gstout
Contributor
Contributor

Racehorse Creek

Post by gstout »

Has anybody camped at the Racehorse Creek campground? Not random, but the pay campground? If so, can you ride out of the camp and how is the riding in the area? Dirt bike, not quads...

Thanks,
Gordon

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Racehorse Creek

Post by Dobi »

the camping is great. You cannot ride bikes or quads out and will be told repeatedly by the camp host. You can load them/keep them in the truck and drive down the road to the racehorse creek race site. Lots of great singletrack down there.

gstout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gstout »

Thanks Mike, I went down there last weekend and checked out the campground. I noted the signs that said you could ride in and out with atv"s if you are a registered camper. There seems to be a putt-putt rule along with 10kmh speed limit.
Were those signs there when you were there? I sent them an email and have not heard back yet.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i camped there last summer and we rode in and out at putt putt pace. No complaints.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

glad to hear. I have not camped there in a few years. I don't recall signs then.

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

Fresh snow up top of the peaks and a ways down when viewed from the 22x Monday.