Anybody been in the waiparous/ fallen timber area lately

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody been in the waiparous/ fallen timber area lately

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Wondering if anybody has been out that way recently?

Might be wishful thinking but with this warm weather and lack of precip I'm wondering if any trails are rideable without studs? :thinking:

blackchrome
User
User

Re: Anybody been in the waiparous/ fallen timber area lately

Post by blackchrome »

its ok in the open but in the trees its all ice

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Ah yeah, wishful thinking it was.

Thanks for the info.

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

Studded tires are the single best dirtbiking investment I have made. And I've spent ALOT. :blush:

You can ride thru winter, for the most part its fun altho very hard work, and it has made me much more capable, as opposed to me being summer only rider.

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

malcolmzilla wrote:Studded tires are the single best dirtbiking investment I have made. And I've spent ALOT. :blush:

You can ride thru winter, for the most part its fun altho very hard work, and it has made me much more capable, as opposed to me being summer only rider.
I can second what Malcolm is saying. Grip Studs from Blackfoot Direct have me out riding almost every week.
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

X3, some of my best days are in the winter! Lots of grip and NO MUD!

For my lazy butt thou, messing around studding blahh, I'd rather just buy some pre-studded tires and not worry about it. I'm on season 4 of my Trellies and just finally accepting they need replacment (after this season). That equals about 8 rears and 4 fronts worth of summer use, so although expensive they do last...

Winter riding :canada: :thumbsup:
Bikeless....

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

I may just have to invest in a set for next winter.

Are you guys riding single track trails in the winter with studded tires? Or sticking to quad trails?

For now I'm in Kamloops riding this weekend, conditions are great, no studs necessary! :D

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

5Lgreenback wrote:I may just have to invest in a set for next winter.

Are you guys riding single track trails in the winter with studded tires? Or sticking to quad trails?

For now I'm in Kamloops riding this weekend, conditions are great, no studs necessary! :D
singletrack...
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

Whispering Pines area is great still a little too much snow out at Fallen Timber as I found out when I went out with some fast riders and got schooled!!! :crybaby: :crazy:

Man from the amount of you guys cleaning me out of Grip Studs on a daily basis I think the riding has not stopped all season!
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

blackchrome
User
User

Post by blackchrome »

bfdirect wrote:Whispering Pines area is great still a little too much snow out at Fallen Timber as I found out when I went out with some fast riders and got schooled!!! :crybaby: :crazy:

Man from the amount of you guys cleaning me out of Grip Studs on a daily basis I think the riding has not stopped all season!
would agree whispering pines staging area last sun was nuts (and all bikes) never seen that many riders at once in the middle of winter, will see how many there are tomorrow...

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

I was out in Fallen Timber this past Saturday without studs. Conditions were surprisingly good and there was a fair bit of singletrack that was prime. I would recommend a bit of caution though as some areas still had ice on them. We rode about 35km of trail and had a blast outside of the weather.

Good practice for Porcupine Hills XC in May! :lol:

:cheers:
#826A