Swanys beat me today : (

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Xcfjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Swanys beat me today : (

Post by Xcfjohn »

So the second time I've ever rode up there followed the ridge along before we turned off to the left and went back down. But today I followed the ridge all the way along until all I can describe it as a wall of roots and rocks lol. Got up some of the way but man I could not get passed this section. I was on my own pushing my bike trying my best but I couldn't beat it turned round rode all the way back the way I had come : ( . Anyone got video of how you master this section I have to do it.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Swanys beat me today : (

Post by thirtyseven »

Ha ha, I've never seen anyone clean it... there are some shots of it in this video. .. took some pushing but we made it.

787 45 & 37 ride with otter: http://youtu.be/nRkOMhH6G0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Xcfjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xcfjohn »

Thanks for the video I was quite gutted I just could not get past it it was getting late to so turned around I will conquer it one day with some help next time lol.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

There is a cheat on this hill. I did it a couple years ago, the cheat could be destroyed now, who knows. You gotta go right well before the wall of roots. If you end up left, "You shall not pass!"
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

I`ve found staying fàr left has worked every time for me. :thumbsup: Never cleaned it though like 37 says.

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

I'm with Joe stay far right and about 3/4 way up there is a line across to the left, it's not too bad if you do that line. I can't clean it but can make it up that line with only a few curses and some feet paddling etc
Bikeless....

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Go riding with mbot... she cleaned it first try... It was very impressive :thumbsup:
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

So you found the Quad proof hill XCFjohn :smirk: So glad that hill is there, otherwise Swany's would be a poached bombed out mess. Buddy and I cleaned it two weeks ago, but the once cheat right line is hammered and we criss crossed left right left to make it.
I never installed a "No Quad" sign at the top of that hill, but I noticed two weeks ago someone had installed one. Wonder if it was a Quader than had an unpleasant experience trying to go down hoping to poach it. :lol:
Cool vid 37. The Pecker Polls hillclimb at the creek is sooo sweet now with the bridge and metal grating. :thumbsup: