Okanagan Riding Areas Article

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
NorskyVik
User
User

Okanagan Riding Areas Article

Post by NorskyVik »

Aloha, with the weather cooling down perhaps early October would be good for a extra long weekend trip to the Okanagan (late Oct Moab!!!).

Riding areas from Salmon Arm, Vernon, Kamloops, and Kelowna. Also don't forget about Revelstoke, who are actually promoting dirt biking...but could be rainy and cold there for sure in Oct.

I'm currently busted, but will be healthy by late sept! Will warn if I head out.

http://www.riderswestmag.com/xriderzone ... ding_areas
Erik
350 XCF-W
WR250R

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Okanagan Riding Areas Article

Post by RJHenry »

If you go that way, try to hit Revelstoke on the 20&21 - I just added a thread on the Annual Fun Ride:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10922
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350

NorskyVik
User
User

Post by NorskyVik »

Thanks for that Robert. I love riding new areas, feel like a kid in a candy store. There is so much around if willing to drive.
Hope to see you again prior to snowfall!
Erik
350 XCF-W
WR250R

WrRider

Post by WrRider »

I did 2 evening rides at Revy this summer.

They have a very nice trail system. Not as backcountry/gnarly as our unmaintained trails, but still very nice.

I rode with 2 and 3 other guys. Met the first guy on ThumperTalk, we still keep in touch. It was a lot of fun.

We were on beginner trails the first night and intermediate trails the next night. Don't be afraid to start on the intermediate stuff and go to the expert stuff. Their intermediate stuff wasn't as challenging as our regular stuff in Waiparous anyway.