Radium/Invermere?

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Radium/Invermere?

Post by Rider Eh! »

Anyone have a report?
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

bman602

Re: Radium/Invermere?

Post by bman602 »

Yup sure do! We were up there riding on Sunday and Monday. Rode Rushmere the first day, and the Lake enid single track loop on the Monday. Conditions were fantastic, just a little bit of mud to deal with, and minimal dust. 13-16c each day. Might be heading back soon with the weather were are having. Of note, parts of Enid are now starting to be fenced off (not surprising seeing how much garbage and junk is left there) so it takes some creative route finding to get back to the truck. If you want to ride this area, do it soon as I see it being closed in the near future due complete misuse by jack asses (you know the type - blast thur the campground as fast as they can while wearing a wife beater and flip flops). Although the single track is relatively short, it is super fun with some fast, smooth, tree sections with killer views. Good time.

Mud666

Post by Mud666 »

Good day bman602, I'm a new member to the RMDR. I was planning to head out to Invermere tomorrow and was wondering if you could give me directions on how to get to Rushmore and lake Enid please? I used to ride downhill hill out there by Swansea so I am familiar with the area to some degree... lol
It's just 2 of us headed out there so far, if anyone wanted to join, let me know...

MarkyMark
Writer
Writer

Post by MarkyMark »

I second the directions, I would love to know where to go ride out there.

bman602

Post by bman602 »

Opps, sorry guys have not been on in a while. To get to the Rushmere area, drive into Invermere, turn right on 13th street, left on 13th ave, which becomes westside road. Continue down this road for around 20 min or so till you pass the village of Rushmere (signed), then start looking for turnouts on your left, there are several you can stage from. Then go explore, not a huge area but good for some fun. For lake enid, take the turn off for panarama, then the turnoff for wilmer, then left on park street, then follow the road to the campground. One day I need to bring a gps out as trying explain how to get to the good riding is difficult at best, but once again lots of area to explore. Google maps will help clarify my muddy directions also.

NorskyVik
User
User

Post by NorskyVik »

Was at Radium (Storm Mtn?) on Monday. 20+ degrees and trails were dry other than a few permanent looking low lying fields with swamp grass. Tanner ensured to check the maximum water depth with his new bearings with failed seals :crybaby: Trails were nice, not really a rocky or root area and the single track was not dusty. I'd never been there, so cheers to Tanner for taking me (and schooling me a few times), but you go straight through the stop sign at the Radium 4 way, and go straight, go toward a lumber mill, and then turn left onto a gravel road for a few minor km's. Then there is a semi washed out road climbing steep left and you know you are there because it opens up into a grassy field for parking. Can probably find it easy on Google maps. Anyway, that's one spot for you.
Erik
350 XCF-W
WR250R

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

She's called steamboat mountain! :D

It was good times! I only got us lost once :D

Got ahold of RMATV and they are taking care of the bearing/seal/spacer situation :applause:

Mud666

Post by Mud666 »

Awesome, thank you for the directions guys. I will definitely check out those areas next time I head out to Invermere/Radium.
Jason R.
2014 YZ 250 2 Stroke