Recommended Trails for Beginner / Intermediate Ride

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
JG2
Contributor
Contributor

Recommended Trails for Beginner / Intermediate Ride

Post by JG2 »

Can one of you folks please recommend some good trails for a beginner to easier intermediate ride? I have the map but don't know the trails by name. Thanks in advance.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Recommended Trails for Beginner / Intermediate Ride

Post by trailguy »

P&FG, Horizon & Connop's trails should do the trick.

Schubes

Post by Schubes »

What trail numbers are those on the SRD map? I have not been able to get out to an event to get the club map.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Trails are not numbered on the map, only intersections. e.g. if 3 trails meet at 1 intersection, there will only be 1 number sign.This was the main reason for creating our own club map with trail names.

Thirsty
User
User

Post by Thirsty »

Is the P&FG the best trail for kids on little wheels(TTR50, CRF70)? Thanks in advance.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Thirsty wrote:Is the P&FG the best trail for kids on little wheels(TTR50, CRF70)? Thanks in advance.
For single track - yes. My son loved this trail back when he was on a SX 50, however you want to hit it when dry. The last 3 long wet springs we've had has taken its toll on this trail.

rcaustin

Post by rcaustin »

I have never been to Wiaprous but have heard they have some decent trails for beginners/intermediate level riders. I have a buddy that is learning to ride and some of the trails down at McLean are a bit aggressive for him - just wondering if anybody could recommend a trail map for wiaprous to follow for some decent lower level stuff so he can get some quality seat time? Maybe paste a link to a trail map to follow? Do most people park by the gravel pit out there?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan