Indian Graves Conditions? Just camping

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
BurntTimber
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Indian Graves Conditions? Just camping

Post by BurntTimber »

Hey all,

Taking my dad camping this weekend and trying to decide where to go, was thing Indian Graves but not sure what access is like (things good after the flooding?). Pulling a 27' trailer, axles are flipped so have good clearance.

Any other ideas, we're not doing any riding, so just looking for really perfect camping within 2 hours drive from Calgary.

Thanks in advance,

BT

BurntTimber
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Indian Graves Conditions? Just camping

Post by BurntTimber »

Just saw that the 532 and 40 are closed so looks like Indian Graves is out. Should I just free camp MacLean or Waip? Any decent locations recommended?

okotok
Contributor
Contributor

Post by okotok »

Racehorse Creek area down towards the pass is nice. Lots of random camping and good riding.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

okotok wrote:Racehorse Creek area down towards the pass is nice. Lots of random camping and good riding.
I suggest that as well. Nice river, easily access spots for a big trailer, etc.

If you fish you can flyfish the river, or find many others in the area that are supposed to be pretty decent.

Jonny5
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Jonny5 »

I have camped at Indian Graves post flood. The road was blocked off at the actual campground, but it was open. Keep in mind that this was a month ago so you may be able to venture further now. I would not be surprised if you could make it to Bear Pond. I would image that it got washed out pretty good where the goats hand out(The Hump). It is pretty rough there at the best of times. For random camping, there are only 3 official spots you can use. The first and second are fine. The third was beyond the closurer.

Jon
Jon G.
2018 KTM 350XCF