Sunday Drive

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Sunday Drive

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Dobi and I went for a good ride in Maclean today as well. Relatively dry, but some running water. I got to ride up a lil waterfall which was interesting as I did pretty good on it. (in other words didn't fall off at all...). Oh yeah, and Dobi got Spiffy New Pants!!!

I'd tell you how far we went, but my GPS suddenly stopped working...weird...

Results of a loop out on a rocky hill...ripped off Bark Buster and broke rear fender...Bars twisted too.

Saw some scenery too... (don't mean Dobi)

Good time overall!!!

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2024 KTM 300 XC-W
2018 KTM 250 XC
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Hey Dakota,

The guys who passed you were Dave and me.

That is a great trail with exceptional scenery thats for sure! Too bad about the parts! Barkbusters can be reinstalled and fenders are cheap, but the GPS is the downer.

As you probably heard us (both our pipes require repacking, doing mine this week), we had some problems down the hill from you guys in the woods where that tree was down. We got around there and enjoyed the rest of the trail though.

Did you guys finish the whole loop? It only got better as you guys went on, but both sides were a lot of fun!
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

also at McLean

Post by markvfr »

Sorry to hear about the GPS... it kinda hurt looking at it. Good thing you didn't end up like it though. I was at McLean today as well and brought a buddy with a KLX400 with a "brand new tire"... We ended up going from the middle stage area to Barwell and did the Barwell ridge and the Second Ridge... Let me tell ya, I have officially found the crappiest tire I have ever seen. It was a Pirelli but don't know the model. I had to ride the KLX up a couple of hills since my buddy was too tired from pushing it... The tire would spin out on a 0.5" root!!! Unbelievable. :bonk: You couldn't even go on a remotely steep hill without somehow getting a huge runup, which is impossible on a lot of the uphills in Barwell singletrack. I wanted to cut that tire off when we got back to the car. I'm amazed he made it that far.

Good job on the trail maintenance at Barwell as well!!! Fantastic! :cheers: :applause: :applause:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Let me tell ya, I have officially found the crappiest tire I have ever seen. It was a Pirelli but don't know the model.
Let us know which Pirelli it was! I have heard great things about the MT16 rear. :cheers:

fasteer
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fasteer »

MotorEd wrote:
Let me tell ya, I have officially found the crappiest tire I have ever seen. It was a Pirelli but don't know the model.
Let us know which Pirelli it was! I have heard great things about the MT16 rear. :cheers:
what pressure was he running in it?
Frank

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Shibby! wrote:Hey Dakota,

That is a great trail with exceptional scenery thats for sure! Too bad about the parts! Barkbusters can be reinstalled and fenders are cheap, but the GPS is the downer.

As you probably heard us (both our pipes require repacking, doing mine this week), we had some problems down the hill from you guys in the woods where that tree was down. We got around there and enjoyed the rest of the trail though.

Did you guys finish the whole loop? It only got better as you guys went on, but both sides were a lot of fun!
Yeah, we finished that loop and were back to the trucks by 3:30. It was a great day for a ride.

Next time we are going to have to try the loop from the direction you took. Those downhills looked like they were a good climb!!

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Dobi wrote:
Shibby! wrote:Hey Dakota,

Yeah, we finished that loop and were back to the trucks by 3:30. It was a great day for a ride.

Next time we are going to have to try the loop from the direction you took. Those downhills looked like they were a good climb!!
Sure were! There were a couple rock faces that you just put the gas down and hold on! Neither of us had any problems though. I enjoy that type of riding. Technical, but not impossible to get up. You guys had some good ones too with some big roots and ruts (in combination they are the worst)

After doing some other trails and helping a guy with a drowned WR450, we got back to our trucks at 4:00 too.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

MotorEd wrote:
Well, it appears they are the MT21 DS tires... that explains a lot why they didn't like mud that much... I don't know what pressure he was running as I didn't have a pressure gauge. Good point though, and I don't know why I didn't think about it when we were in the bush. :bonk:
I heard a lot of good reviews of the MT16 and MT12s. I might give them a try for my due tire change or I might try the D952s that a lot of people are raving about.

:cheers: