not going to crowsnest

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

not going to crowsnest

Post by thirtyseven »

Anyone not going to crowsnest and want to ride in the calgary area this Saturday?

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I have six buddies from Wpg. coming here Sat. morning and we will be heading out to Maclean later that day plus Sun. and Mon.
Claude

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Myself and one of my riding buddies are from WPG. ( long time ago) . What time are you going and where are you going to ride. WR Dave.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

thx, I was hoping for early rather than late, got to be home by 5:30, the lovely light of my life's night out.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I am not sure what time exactly, it depends on the guys. They are leaving Wpg. Friday evening and driving straight through. They should get here early Sat. and they might want to rest a bit. Then we will go to Fisher Creek Staging and put in a short ride. I was thinking of taking them on the HS course doing both loops and see from there. Sunday will be a full day starting at the same area and Monday an early start because they want to head back that day.
Claude
Claude

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

ok claude, some friends are joinig me at 10 at the staging point half way to fisher creek, there wll be some fairly green riders in the bunch so I will avoid the h/s area so that they have some fun and come back again, any one is welcome to join up. Wish I could ride sun & mon as well.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

This will be a treat., there will be 7 guys from Wpg. now and 5 on GasGas bikes! 3-200's and 2- 300's.
Claude

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Sounds like fun, we did a nice easy ride, but its always good to get out, tried some steep hills myself, was within 500 rpms of making Widowmaker. Learned I need to lower the float I am asuming thats the problem Im facing on long steep hills, the bike starts to sputter abit and I am definetly not to lean! And no cracks at me from the KTM crowd!!!!!

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

We had agood first day riding. Did the two HS loops and then went up Ewok Village and up to Roller Bearings and then along Moose Ridge and back down Ewok. 50 kms of riding and I am sore, first ride since the Stampede HS. Today we will go a bit deeper into Maclean try to end up on Quirk Ridge and back down Barwell with lots of single track inbetween. Should be out at Fisher Creek Staging around 10:30.
Claude

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Another great day riding. I think we'll be going to the Middle staging area tomorrow hopefully out there before 10.
Claude

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

The third day of riding started out on the wrong foot. About 5km in Dana got a flat rear, so I took him back to the trucks and we replaced the tube. While we were gone, my neighbour Lawrence took the other guys out for a short ride. They came back when we were finished with the tire and then we took off again. About 5km in Lawrence fell on an uphil and I was right behind him so I took a different line and fell. My bike landed on a huge rock ledge and when I picked it up my rad was leaking and I had a small hole in the clutch cover from the brake lever and the pipe got dented. I made it back with some temporary repairs and my day was done! Lawrence then took the guys for a ride without me, thanks to Lawrence for being there to guide my pals from Wpg. I also got to ride a couple of my pals bikes, a 2005 GasGas 200 and a 2004 GasGas300. The 200 was great, nice power, not as much grunt as a 300 but nice. The suspension was awesome, especially the forks and it steers fantastic through the woods. The 300, Man what a tractor!!! That bike just pulls and pulls like a 450. I want one! Suspension was great also. All in all 2 very fine bikes and I would love riding either one.
Claude

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Claude

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Sorry about the bike cladoo. You can always fix the bike easier than you. Sounds like there might be a GG in your future?

Nice pics. Those GG look cool and too clean :D

I like your new avatar also. When did you ride honda with #40? Trivia questions eh?

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

They are clean because it is very dry out at Maclean. I would love a GG 300 if I could afford it! :banana: That is an '82 Maico 490 that I raced. The pic is from Selkirk in '84.
Claude

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

cladoo, your camera takes fine pictures. They are far better then my digital, what type of camera do you use? I am looking at getting a new one
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC