18" KTM Wheel

If you are looking for something post it here.
brentg
Writer
Writer

18" KTM Wheel

Post by brentg »

I am looking for an 18" rear wheel for my 2003 525sx. I don't need the brake disk or sprocket, but I'll take them if you want. I think most KTM wheels are interchangeable so let me know what you have.

Thanks,
Brent
When life throws you a curve... lean into it, pick your line, and keep your weight on the outside peg.

2013 KTM 250 XC-W

cycleworks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 18" KTM Wheel

Post by cycleworks »

You can buy a Warp Nine Rim from your favorite dealer for $450, including spokes, hub, sprocket and disc. OEM bearings and all... plus you can pick the color of the rim and hub.
If you find a used one, great, if not, just sayin'
Allison - Parts Department - Cycleworks Calgary (403) 230-1920
2018 250 XCW

brentg
Writer
Writer

Post by brentg »

Thanks Allison. Bit more than I wanted to spend on what is basically an experiment, but I will keep it in mind. Question for you. Can I buy just the rim and spokes from you and then lace it to my stock KTM hub? If so, how much?
When life throws you a curve... lean into it, pick your line, and keep your weight on the outside peg.

2013 KTM 250 XC-W

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

brentg wrote:Thanks Allison. Bit more than I wanted to spend on what is basically an experiment, but I will keep it in mind. Question for you. Can I buy just the rim and spokes from you and then lace it to my stock KTM hub? If so, how much?

Having been down the road of owning the SX with the 19" rim and trying to see if I could feel a difference between it and an 18" rim, I could not feel a difference. You can lace up an 18 hoop onto your stock rim. You can buy the parts for around $185 or cheaper if you are patient on ebay.

or swap the rim off your buddies bike the next time he goes for his morning consititutional while you are gearing up to ride....

brentg
Writer
Writer

Post by brentg »

Thanks Dobi, I'll keep my eyes open for parts. I am pretty sure I would never feel the difference between an 18" rim and a 19" rim either. What I wanted to try out was a trials tire on the back and I don't think they exist in 19". Good to know I can likely get away without having to change my hub.

2013 KTM 250 XC-W