Wanted: aux fuel tank

If you are looking for something post it here.
BigD
Writer
Writer

Wanted: aux fuel tank

Post by BigD »

I tried ordering an 5L aux fuel tank that mounts in place of the front number plate for this years ice racing series, but it is on back order till march. Does any body have one or know where there is one.

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

Nobody has anything, I could really use a extra tank for this weekend.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I wish I could help you out. :(

I can't think of anything that would work and be safe. :banghead:

Anyone else?

BRPCam
User
User

tank

Post by BRPCam »

I don't no alot about ice racing but what about just a large tank like I have on mine. Clarke or IMS. I know you need it for this weekend and my idea isn't a solution either..... but what or why the number plate tank? Just trying to learn abit about it.
01 BRP (XR680R) cammed, 11:1, pro curcuit exaust with spark arrestor of course :) , Clarke 16.3l tank, 15/47 Ironman Sprokets

BigD
Writer
Writer

Re: tank

Post by BigD »

Actually I do have a large IMS tank. But am looking to carry more fuel. The enduarnce ice races are 6 hours and the least pits you have to make the better. Just with the large tank we should be able to go 2 1/4 hours but the best would be to stay out for three hours with only one pit.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I've seen aux tanks that go where your rear number plate is. There is a picture in this months Dirt Rider.

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

I have seen those too, they look pretty good. But I dont think they would work for ice racing, as it is now I have to space out my muffler and remove my over flow bottle so the tire doesnt chew them up. I guess it depends on how far they stick out, but I wouldnt want to chew threw that when it is full of fuel.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

BigD wrote:I have seen those too, they look pretty good. But I dont think they would work for ice racing, as it is now I have to space out my muffler and remove my over flow bottle so the tire doesnt chew them up. I guess it depends on how far they stick out, but I wouldnt want to chew threw that when it is full of fuel.
That could definately end up in a James Bond movie. :eek: