Renting a Dirt Bike

If you are looking for something post it here.
cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Renting a Dirt Bike

Post by cedric »

I recently found out that my parents are coming from the East Coast for a visit this spring. My Dad is in his 60s and probably has 30 years of off-road experience, so I would like to take him out for a ride in the hills, but I only have one bike. I know that you can rent bikes from All Season Motorsports, but they don't come with registration or insurance, so that really limits where we can go.

Does anybody know of a place where I can rent a bike for a day or two that we will actually be able to take out to the hills without fear of getting a bunch of tickets?

OR

Does anyone have a second bike that they would be willing to rent to me?

As much as I would like to own 2 dirt bikes, I'm not sure it's in the cards by this spring, and it seems like a lot of trouble to go through for the couple of days that it would get used.

Any ideas?

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

What dates is he coming?
Claude

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Not totally sure of the dates, but the general time frame would be around the end of June. I know my second question is a bit of a stretch, as bikes are pride and joy for most of us (including me). I'd be more than happy to rent one from a business, but who do they expect to rent a TTR 250 to that can only be used on the race track or private land? It might be a good excuse to invest in a dual sport...

BradC
Writer
Writer

Bike Rentals.

Post by BradC »

I've rented TTR250's from ALL Season Rentals before.

Not sure if they still have bikes, but they are (I think) the only company in Calgary that rents dirt bikes.

204-1771

Prices were reasonable, and so were the guys there.

Brad.

Mazstyle
User
User

Post by Mazstyle »

I'll rent mine out - 2002 YZ250 for half of what all season charges for their YZ250's, Just PM a couple weeks in advance so we can discuss arrangements.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

BradC - All Season Rental's bikes do not come with registration or insurance and are therefore illegal to ride on public land.

Mazstyle - That is a generous offer. I will contact you, thanks.

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

rent a bike

Post by DirtGirl »

have you contacted your insurance co to see if they would cover you(for a price) on the rental bike for 3 or 4 days??
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w