Wanted - smaller 4-stroke

If you are looking for something post it here.
Muz7

Wanted - smaller 4-stroke

Post by Muz7 »

...for my wife. She's new to riding, so something tame.
She's vertically challenged (5'2")...so I'm thinking a DRZ125, TTR125 or something similar....or any other suggestions are appreciated.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

my wife has an '05 CRF150 that she loves. It is the perfect "wife bike" that still has some fun in it for me. The '06 models come with an electric start.

Spud
User
User

Post by Spud »

Muz7

Post by Muz7 »

Hmm that's not a bad price, and only a 3-hr drive away.
Spud, do you see many bikes for sale in the Hat? You guys got a bargain finder or something like that there, or do they just show up in the newspaper?

Spud
User
User

Post by Spud »

ALberta dirt riders has a crf150 ,but its a very old add http://www.albertadirtriders.com/motor.htm

I will review the shopper paper when it comes out saturday, and tell you if I find anything.

I also have a motorcycle club meeting tonight at Med Hat honda so I will look around the store for something. My wife had a TTR125L (big wheel version) and it was a good bike, but she was little to tall for it at 5'8.

Ill get back to you.......

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

When I bought my wifes bike I lived in Med Hat and it was $500 cheaper at blackfoot then it was from the Knodel's. The other good thing about blackfoot is you can get a 30% discount on all the gear that you need when you buy the bike. The selection they have is amazing. My wife is very coordinated with her riding attire......

Spud
User
User

Post by Spud »

Found one today in the classifieds : Add reads as follows..... 2006 Yamaha TTR 125, 2 new tires, low hrs, show room condition also comes with ice screws for winter $2900 obo call Landon 527-8267

Blackfoot has them cheaper in their add http://www.blackfootonline.com/promo_yamaha_dirt.htm but then there always the " extra charges" after that price

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

if you are paying cash blackfoot is pretty good about knocking down all of the bogus charges.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

I was at Board Brothers Motorsports on Edmonton Trail this morning and saw an Orion XR250 engined dirt bike that is around 170 lbs about 5-6 inches lower than the WR and built quite well with disk brakes, fully adjustable suspension, etc. If my wife decides to upgrade from the mini dirt bike I will be considering this bike for sure. $2500.00. My .02 WR Dave :applause:
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

mkwiatko

Post by mkwiatko »

I've (my girlfriend ) got a 2005 DRZ 125 in almost new condition...my girlfriend was in the same boat as your wife, and now we're looking to upgrade her into a CRF 150, but waivering on the decision. She LOVES the bike, but I think she's ready for a bigger bike like the 150.
If you're serious about a newer 125, give me a shout...I live in Calgary (Westhills).
836-9149
mike

Muz7

Post by Muz7 »

How much are you asking for it? Is it the L version? I was gonna look for something a bit older, since she'll probably drop it a few times anyways. Did you buy it new?

mkwiatko

Post by mkwiatko »

It's the basic DRZ version (small wheel)...my girlfriend isn't much taller than your wife, and the L model is a little too high to be comfortable for a beginner small woman.
I bought it brand new from Walt Healey in May 2005. I'd probably be looking somewhere around $1900