KTM handlebar

If you are looking for something post it here.
MikeRiss
User
User

KTM handlebar

Post by MikeRiss »

Looking for a set of bars. Picked up a used bike at beginning of season and before even riding it, had it fall over in garage right on the bar. Not sure if it happen there or before but slight tweak to bar. Rode this season with it but if I can find a good priced bar want to replace.
300 xc-w

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: KTM handlebar

Post by malcolmzilla »

I've thrown my bike away a lot, and have yet to bend bars in the past few years.

A buddy put his 09 KTM into an unmanned low earth orbit and thought the bars were bent after the re-entry and landing, he brought it by, and after some figuring it turned out to be upper and lower clamps had become misaligned on steering stem. I assume you've opened all that up and re assembled?

:cheers:
15 Yamaha YZ250FX, 270cc, cams
15 XC250
11 Berg 570, dualsport and supermoto
17 PW50
78ish CT70
Just another Dirt Donkey...

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: KTM handlebar

Post by bfdirect »

Like Malcolm said........

Loosen up the triple clamp pinch bolts and axle clamps and listen for the "crack" sound. You likely just have a twist in front end as it happens lots and we see it all the time at the shop. Guys come in asking for new bars and complain they bent so easy and when asked if they tried the mentioned steps, 9 of 10 did not and come back next visit and say that is all it was and no need for bars.

As much as I would love to sell more bars likely you don't need them. Good luck. And if you do, stop by Blackfoot Direct and I'll help you out on a new set just mention your "handle" on the forum.

Thx,
Dean
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com