OMG -- 2011 KTM 200XC-W COMPLETE ENGINE TEARDOWN

If you are looking for something post it here.
stretch
Writer
Writer

OMG -- 2011 KTM 200XC-W COMPLETE ENGINE TEARDOWN

Post by stretch »

Faaaak.

I need someone to help with my 2011 KTM 200XC-W complete engine tear down to replace the wonky transmission main shaft.

Would need access to a flywheel puller as well (or I can buy one - whatever works).

This is a full tear down and splitting of the cases. The engine has never been apart before.

All of the parts should be in on Friday July 29. If you know how to do this and have spare time anytime soon, please PM or call me 403-969-6325.

I can leave the bike at your place. Or you're welcome to come over to mine (deep SW - Silverado) and if you're only free during the daytime, I'll leave you a house key, beer, food, whatever else you want/need... I'll make it worth your while $ and you would be my hero :nworthy:
# 87

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Re: OMG -- 2011 KTM 200XC-W COMPLETE ENGINE TEARDOWN

Post by Shibby! »

What happened?! Your bike is new!

I have a flywheel puller if needed. A Propoint 8"? one. Pretty big, but should do the job. You'll want a impact gun probably to take it off though too.

I assume this is the pull the stator?

Do you have sealant for the cases? Yamabond?

I'm sure the work isn't that hard, but I've never split a case before. Read lots about it, just never done it. One of those things that's kinda scary till you do yourself, like suspension.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

stretch
Writer
Writer

Post by stretch »

I dunno. We checked everything else and this is sort of the last thing that could be causing my clutch issue. I'm thinking it was a factory defect in the shaft, but since I have 24.5 hrs on the bike I wasn't able to convince a KTM dealer to fix it as such (plus I bought it new in the states, yadda yadda...)

golarge has offered to help but he hasn't done it in many years. I'm pretty sure brass has the service manual pages needed.

I have silicone, etc, and will buy whatever else is needed.

If a couple of you have time to look at it / split it together, it might be less scary... :thinking: :) and then I'd have many heroes I'd be indebted to! :nworthy:
# 87

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Bent trans main shaft, how could you do that. Do you ride supercross, xgames or something. I am sad for you and and chocked at KTM Canada and USA is not stepping up to replace the defective parts at 25hrs. I have a 2011 service manual for my 150 and I think it covers the 250 and 200's you can borrow. Would be interesting to throw the shaft in a lathe and see what the runout is on the defective shaft. I have only cracked a couple of honda cases, intimidating but not dificult. Digitial cameras to document the teardown and leave the hammer in the toolbox. :thumbsup:

Good Luck
#Z3B

stretch
Writer
Writer

Post by stretch »

I'm pretty sure I didn't do it. Nothing else it bent, but there is a definite 'wobble'.

I'm off the forum after this post, but I do have the shaft lined up to be fixed. Thanks for your input guys.
# 87

stretch
Writer
Writer

Post by stretch »

If it is a wonky shaft I'll keep it and take it to a KTM dealer to ask more questions. Hopefully it's just a bearing or something else minor that we couldn't see.
# 87