sweet lights for night riding

If you are looking for something post it here.
armpumpracer
User
User

sweet lights for night riding

Post by armpumpracer »

looking for lights for my 250xc, so I don't have to stop riding mid week because of the stupid clocks going back an hour and killing the fun!

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Re: sweet lights for night riding

Post by DirtGirl »

Check with Marty "The Party" or Shane "Moose" or maybe Jared Thomas
They might have some to sell from Last Man Standing race.
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

Moose
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Moose »

Check out http://www.cyclopsmotorsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I use the dual HID helmet light set-up - these things are bright enough to ride full pace in the dark. Very good. Probably about 10 guys around Calgary with this set-up.

He also sells bike lights. I use a Baja Designs Diablo which is very good. The trail tech X2 HID also looks good and would be my next purchase.

Moose

"THE PARTY"
Contributor
Contributor

Post by "THE PARTY" »

Ya night riding is killer. Baja Designs are really good but $$$$ and for the helmeti like Light & motion http://www.bikelights.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Arc Li-ion ultra these are awesome....

armpumpracer
User
User

Post by armpumpracer »

Thanks for some of the good ideas, the Arc's are no longer available, however I like the looks of the cyclops product. Can't wait to try some of these out. :cheers:

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Just got my TrailTech X2 in the mail 2 weeks ago...have not had time to install yet. i also got the 100 watt stator setup to power those HID lights...so it can be a pricey package, but when you go out at night, those really good lights are totally worth it. the stock halogen lights are great for getting you back to the truck, but are really tricky to just go riding with. plus, once you have the setup, your good for years.
once i have this installed and try it out i will post. i have heard nothing but great reviews on this light...the 100 watt stator/wiring package looks very well put together. definately will take me a while to do that conversion....huge regulator rectifier too. the unit is supposed to put out 100 watts at idle.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

armpumpracer
User
User

Post by armpumpracer »

According to the owners manual the 250xc stock stator is supposed to be good for 100watts? Why do you need a new one?