Fallen Timber race Aug 17-18

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Fallen Timber race Aug 17-18

Post by Hendrix13 »

Great to see the motocross guys come out :thumbsup:

I'd also throw out the challenge to the club riders. The beginners class is there for a reason. It's not for the kids (they go straight to junior). Beginners loop is usually a little easier too. If you haven't raced before, now is your chance to try it out. :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Spinalguy Chiropractic is pleased to once again be a sponsor of the annual RMDRA race.
i will not be racing, but i will commit to sweeping on Sunday.
What time does a 'sweeper' need to be ready to ride at?
Thank you.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Spinalguy wrote:Spinalguy Chiropractic is pleased to once again be a sponsor of the annual RMDRA race.
i will not be racing, but i will commit to sweeping on Sunday.
What time does a 'sweeper' need to be ready to ride at?
Thank you.

Good question, Tom. I need to know as well. I can almost commit if I knew a time now. No dogs for me, but I may be coming solo.

From my limited experience of racing a few races, sweeping a few, and trail riding most; the day we cleared track I was shocked at just how much clearing we were doing. It may have been because of complaints in previous years, but there wasn't a log to be found when we were done! I understand why this may be done, but I'm all for some technical bits that separate the men and women from the boys and girls. I'm sure there are things that pop up mid race from trail burn in, but from the sections we did it will be fast and flowing. Everybody can enjoy that at least.

Should be a great race. Can't wait to see how the sections and lines develop.

We traced the CMA race and I was blown away by the race course. It was VERY fun. I'm sure the Moose will be too!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Sweepers should show up before the riders meeting. I would check in at sign in for sweeping. You shouldn't be heading out for an hour or two after the race starts. It would be great if we could get the sweepers that go out after the 2.5 hr cutoff could deflag the quad trails and connectors on their way around to help the last racers go through. :thumbsup:

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

dirtyboy wrote:Sweepers should show up before the riders meeting. I would check in at sign in for sweeping. You shouldn't be heading out for an hour or two after the race starts. It would be great if we could get the sweepers that go out after the 2.5 hr cutoff could deflag the quad trails and connectors on their way around to help the last racers go through. :thumbsup:
This.

Riders Meeting is 10:30 on Sunday.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Hendrix13 wrote:Great to see the motocross guys come out :thumbsup:

I'd also throw out the challenge to the club riders. The beginners class is there for a reason. It's not for the kids (they go straight to junior). Beginners loop is usually a little easier too. If you haven't raced before, now is your chance to try it out. :applause:
Not to discourage anyone from trying this, but given that this is an XC, the beginners will be on the full course. don't worry though we almost never leave someone out there :eek:

Just kidding, there are lots of sweepers. We will get you through it. All the Club Night guys should be coming out, no?

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

bfdirect wrote:
Looking forward to getting to know the "sweepers" a little more on Sunday!
The best part of sweeping is riding other peoples bikes through the tough spots. I look forward to it every year! :cheers:

Nashole
User
User

Post by Nashole »

hey guys,

would like to do the full xc race in intermediate/expert. is it 2x50km loops?

not sure if I enter Saturday or Sunday? what's on each day?

where is rider sign up/registration?

what do we need to race? CMRC membership? anything like that?

thanks in advance.
Dave

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Nashole wrote:hey guys,

would like to do the full xc race in intermediate/expert. is it 2x50km loops?

not sure if I enter Saturday or Sunday? what's on each day?

where is rider sign up/registration?

what do we need to race? CMRC membership? anything like that?

thanks in advance.
Dave
This thread has a map to the race location, and it will be Sunday. You will need a CMRC membership, I think you can buy them at registration.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10004
#Z3B

Nashole
User
User

Post by Nashole »

thank you very much!

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Anybody heading out tomorrow that could take some supplies out? I wound up getting food poisoning and don't think i can make the trek out... :crybaby:
Give me a call on cell - 403-389-122six

thanks, Mike

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

thanks to MarkVFR for grabbing the stuff and taking it out for me.

5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 5Lgreenback »

Thanks to everyone who helped put this race on, and to the sweepers who kindly delivered me some much needed fuel to get back to camp! :applause:

I found a red race fuel jug on the side of the hiway, it has a sticker 350A on it, anybody know who that belongs to? I also realized I forgot my 10 litre jerry can full of two stoke gas down at the start area. My loss, somebodies gain!

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

5Lgreenback wrote:Thanks to everyone who helped put this race on, and to the sweepers who kindly delivered me some much needed fuel to get back to camp! :applause:

I found a red race fuel jug on the side of the hiway, it has a sticker 350A on it, anybody know who that belongs to? I also realized I forgot my 10 litre jerry can full of two stoke gas down at the start area. My loss, somebodies gain!
The fuel jug is Hendrix13's. He would probably like it back. And it would a good return of favour because your trail gas probably came from him. Almost everyone on here knows him so should be easy to get it too him.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

That was quite the race and toughest one I have done to date. Glad I put on the oversized tank for this one......burned 80kms worth of gas in 60kms. I am sure there were a lot of people who ran out of gas and boiled their bikes. Best part was eveyone talking about their nicks, cuts and blunt trauma afterwards. My navigation skills was atrocious on this one.

Thanks to everone who put on this event. It must have been a lot of hours put into that course.
CR250R