The More Dirtier Moose

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: The More Dirtier Moose

Post by RJHenry »

Wow! Here's a perspective from the back (very back?) of the pack...

This was only my second race, and it was both humbling and inspiring. I didn't make the live check until WAY after the cutoff (and after the scanner was long gone ;-(, and THANK YOU to Scott, Cal, and Howard for coming to my rescue on the rock hill that is my personal version of the realm of Hades... but the joy of riding trail that we hacked out of the brush mere weeks ago was just a fantastic feeling. Likewise, the joy of cleaning hills and clearing log stacks that were impossible for me back in July was CONCRETE evidence of progress... and progress feels great!

Huge props to Sean for running a great event, and to Mike for making the course happen (and for dragging me around on work days for which I was eager, but green).

Finally, a nod to Howard for the wisdom of the weekend: "Racing makes you ride things you wouldn't if you were out with your buddies". True that!

I will be back. I'll even be in Crowsnest if the Honda Parts Gods are willing :)
RJH
Last edited by RJHenry on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

results are up at www.albertadirtriders.com The longest person on course was actually Florian at 5hrs35mins.

Top 5 Juniors and one Beginner made the cut to the second lap. That tells me the cut-off times were just right! (regardless of Hendrix13's protest)

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Spinalguy wrote:Anyone that finished the entire race get an odometer reading off your bike?
The official GPS shows a mere 94km. Now I wish I had added the extra 10km. Hindsight..... :cheers:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Dobi wrote:results are up at http://www.albertadirtriders.com The longest person on course was actually Florian at 5hrs35mins.

Top 5 Juniors and one Beginner made the cut to the second lap. That tells me the cut-off times were just right! (regardless of Hendrix13's protest)
All I remember is after the first Dirty Moose people where upset because they didn't get to race the same loop as everyone else :thinking: and that it wasn't fair. :eek:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

bcrowe, 37 and myself deflagged all the roads, quad trails, public areas, and turn ribbons if there were optional single track trails on the West loop. We did from the start to the second dead check (aka 35 km marker).

Who is going to finish the loop? :D

calltrex
Writer
Writer

Post by calltrex »

Waiting for some video and pics of this..... :thumbsup:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

calltrex wrote:Waiting for some video and pics of this..... :thumbsup:
Unfourtunatly my footage was ruined by a couple of clowns.... one wearing somekind of double armor the other fixated on trailside maintenance while calling me creepy. Both providing the kind of banter best left to some other website. I will try and call up the spirit of Spielberg and perhaps put together "Sweeper Clowns"
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

thirtyseven wrote:
calltrex wrote:Waiting for some video and pics of this..... :thumbsup:
Unfourtunatly my footage was ruined by a couple of clowns.... one wearing somekind of double armor the other fixated on trailside maintenance while calling me creepy. Both providing the kind of banter best left to some other website. I will try and call up the spirit of Spielberg and perhaps put together "Sweeper Clowns"
What kind of of a clown would not have his bike ready before the race. :smirk:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

Here's the first part of my race. What an awesome course! :canada:

calltrex
Writer
Writer

Post by calltrex »

Broken link?

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

The link is good. I cannot enable viewing for mobile units, something to do with the music I used I'm thinking.
The video works on a computer though. :excuse:

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

You got a great start! :applause:

My helmet cam messed up the video of my start, up until I reset it while waiting at the hill. It's great to get to see yours :thumbsup:
The voices are back. Awesome!

calltrex
Writer
Writer

Post by calltrex »

twotired wrote:The link is good. I cannot enable viewing for mobile units, something to do with the music I used I'm thinking.
The video works on a computer though. :excuse:
Oh ok. Using my iPad at work

What's it called so I can get to it if I goto YouTube . Not sure if it works that way or not either

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

calltrex wrote: Oh ok. Using my iPad at work

What's it called so I can get to it if I goto YouTube . Not sure if it works that way or not either
It's called The More Dirtier Moose part 1 it's on my youtube channel;

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTwotired?feature=mhee

It doesn't matter how you find it you won't be able to watch this video on an ipad or iphone etc. because
the feature under syndication to make it available on mobile units is disabled for me on this particular video.
I've run into this before with certain videos and there's no way around it. Mr thirtyseven told me it was because of
the music that is in the videos.

calltrex
Writer
Writer

Post by calltrex »

twotired wrote:
calltrex wrote: Oh ok. Using my iPad at work

It's called The More Dirtier Moose part 1 it's on my youtube channel;

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTwotired?feature=mhee

It doesn't matter how you find it you won't be able to watch this video on an ipad or iphone etc. because
the feature under syndication to make it available on mobile units is disabled for me on this particular video.
I've run into this before with certain videos and there's no way around it. Mr thirtyseven told me it was because of
the music that is in the videos.
Ya doesn't work either. Have to wait till I get home

Thanks

I use Vimeo to upload vids. Never had any issues with watching on iPad or iPhone with music on them