2011 Dirtier Moose Race

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2011 Dirtier Moose Race

Post by dirtyboy »

Well the dirty moose just turned into the "Dirtier Moose" for 2011. The Black T-Shirts are being printed. Don't miss getting your shirt. The Dirtier Moose will have more singletrack this year. That the "Dirtier" part. Some may think this means mud but that it totally wrong. It means that there will be more singletrack. :D

If you liked last years race, this year will be even better with more singletrack.

Huge thanks to Dobi, MtnBlue and 250Scott for helping out today. Well especially Dobi for carrying the chain saw up the hill. :smirk: :applause: :applause: :applause:

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2011 Dirtier Moose Race

Post by axel99 »

Sounds sweet, dirtyboy....or is that dirtierboy :thumbsup:
#Z3B

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Well I HAVE to say that this race was by far the best and most enjoyable race for me this year! The course was difficult and challenging but also had just the right amount of relief when you needed it (If you call cutlines that you get tapped in fourth or fifth a relief! :D ) Excellent new re-routes of certain sections were premo. The lenght of the race at 65km's seemed perfect to me and from the sounds of most riders I spoke too including some of the local pro's, all felt the same!

Props to the race organizer (Brenan), course architect (Dirtyboy), and organizer of volunteers amongst many other things (Allison), and the many hoards of volunteers that helped throughout the weeks and especially the week prior to the race. Well done! :applause:

stretch
Writer
Writer

Post by stretch »

Ditto! It was a great course. I helmet-cam'd it and will post a link to the video once it's uploaded.
# 87

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

I will also go ahead and say it was the best race I raced this year as well haha.

I'd like to personally thank Uncle Dirtyboy, Cal, Alison, Jamie, Dobi, Sean for the great podium props, and all of the other great volunteers and trail builders. I was sorry I couldn't help build trail, but was too busy building a bike! Also Glenn Fry for the food/Accomodations, and Steve-O just cause he feels he needs recognition. I'll give you a bit of credit for telling me to lean that sucker out as I still hit reserve! And finally Mark Schell for getting me to get my butt out there and convincing me to race again, and training me to go harder.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

I thought the course was awesome as well!

Sadly I missed the time cutoff by about 5 minutes and recorded my first DNF. Although my technical efficiency and fitness are the best they've been since returning to riding, I think I botched my event with poor energy/hydration management. Although nothing stumped me, I was just plain slow and low on energy. (I normally putt along steadily but not this snail like pace.) A bowl of Cheerios doesn't cut it for a day of hard riding. I was ready for a nap after thirtyseven told me I missed the cutoff! Anyway, I'm convinced this is where I need to focus for next event. Hopefully I can successfully test this theory at the XC in a few weeks time.

Thanks to all the hardwork in course prep and race organization! I look forward to next year to improve on my result this year. You gotta have goals!

Cheers,
Aaron

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

I also have to jump in and say this was a fantastic course and a well organized race.
Congratulations to everyone involved. :applause:

I don't know the exact length of the course but rumor is it's around 65KM. I think it rides more like 120km :D.
The course was well flagged and didn't have any "issues".

Big call out to the team that corded the stream crossings and wet sections with logs. That makes a huge difference and should be the new standard for stream crossings in a race. From both a race and a sustainability perspective, it's this type of effort that both makes the race more fun and will allow us to come back next year :applause:

Overall...best race of the Year for me!!! (Porkies would have been up there if not for a little rain I got caught in :crybaby: )

Thank you for all the Hard Effort put in by all the volunteers and especially Dave S, Sean B, and Allison P. :applause: :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Loved the course. Some great old trails out there. Like the new climb up to the Peel'd Heal :thumbsup: Speedy Senior told me his odo read 72kms for the race. NIce job and a big thanks to all involved. Next year Dirtiest Moose :smirk: :cheers:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

MtnBlue wrote:Next year Dirtiest Moose :smirk: :cheers:
no harder please! Maybe we could try the lighty soiled moose :lol:

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Shout out to all the organizers and other volunteers. :applause:. For sure the most enjoyayable race this year for me also... :D

The courded crossings packed in nicely held up really well for the race. Will be interesting to see what the ice flows do in the spring.
#Z3B

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

My vote would be for best course of the year as well. Thank god it didnt rain though, or it might have been the worst :D

gdg530
Writer
Writer

Post by gdg530 »

Last year i said it was the toughest yet most fun i have had on a course,well this year did not let me down.I swept the whole course this year and really have to give thanks to the designers and everyone else involved in the race.The course was excellent and i think the whole race was well done.The attention to detail like the corded sections over the wet spots to cutdown on ripping up the area just goes to show the thought that went into this race,great job everyone.

Ready185
User
User

Post by Ready185 »

Wow. What a course. The terrain, elevation changes, scenery, and all while racing. (I really like that campground, too.) This was a spectacular event last year made even better this year. Many thanks to the crew for setting up the loops and for the overall length of the course--I had no more race left in me at the finish and if I had known that was Clint's dust ahead of me for the last few kms I would have tried to wick it up and most certainly pasted onto some trees!

I would say the difficulty level was at about the limit for most classes in an ADRA event and too much for the Beginner class. I suggest we give yesterday's DNFed Beginners shirts stamped "DNF" that they can totally wear as a badge of honour and encourage them to come to the Racehorse Creek Hare Scramble that they will most certainly be able to finish.

Thanks again, gang!

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Ready185 wrote:I would say the difficulty level was at about the limit for most classes in an ADRA event and too much for the Beginner class. I suggest we give yesterday's DNFed Beginners shirts stamped "DNF" that they can totally wear as a badge of honour and encourage them to come to the Racehorse Creek Hare Scramble that they will most certainly be able to finish.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Thanks to all the volunteers, this is little 37s take on Saturdays race.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS