Any pics of the race.........anybody?

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

Any pics of the race.........anybody?

Post by KTMpilot »

I'd love to see a photo montage, we had a great turnout to a great race! Kindly leave out any photos of me marooned at the top of the hill with a broken sprocket, my race was over at the 32k mark. Thanks to all the volunteers and everyone involved, it was a really fun course.
1977 Can-Am Qualifier

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Any pics of the race.........anybody?

Post by thirtyseven »

Sounds like a good story, care to elaborate?
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

Post by KTMpilot »

Not much to elaborate on, it's more of a hard luck story! I was having a pretty good race up till that point, I think I was a few minutes behind you guys dicing it out up front. Anyways, My countershaft sprocket decided it was time to shed all its teeth, pretty sure a rock had something to do with it because I race checked my bike the previous week and all was good. I had to wait for the sweepers with tools and tighten the chain just to limp it to the gas stop, then hit the road to get back to Fisher. I was pretty bummed out! Might have to make the trek to Crowsnest, I feel like one more race this year. Nice pass by the way!
1977 Can-Am Qualifier

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Kevin, that is hard luck :eek:

Racehorse is my favorite spot to camp. The races are fantastic down there. :canada:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

KTMpilot wrote:Not much to elaborate on, it's more of a hard luck story! I was having a pretty good race up till that point, I think I was a few minutes behind you guys dicing it out up front. Anyways, My countershaft sprocket decided it was time to shed all its teeth, pretty sure a rock had something to do with it because I race checked my bike the previous week and all was good. I had to wait for the sweepers with tools and tighten the chain just to limp it to the gas stop, then hit the road to get back to Fisher. I was pretty bummed out! Might have to make the trek to Crowsnest, I feel like one more race this year. Nice pass by the way!

You forgot to mention the verbal abuse you had to take from Dude for being found on the trail broken down :blush:

KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

Post by KTMpilot »

I forgot about that! Oh well, thanks for the help and tools. Are you enjoying those ProGrips?
1977 Can-Am Qualifier