The Official 2009 Grizzly XC

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Re: The Official 2009 Grizzly XC

Post by Suzanne »

It sounds like everyone really enjoyed the Grizzly XC!

Thanks to everyone for coming out and and huge thanks to all the sweepers for sticking it out and making sure no one was left behind. I think everyone did a fantastic job and hopefully we can continue these races in the future!

I have heard so many compliments about the course and about how the weekend played out so thanks to all the volunteers who helped make that happened. Steve and Brent, you did a great job with the course as well as the 15 or so other people who helped flag at different times.

Thanks everyone! :applause:
Mrs. Wildman

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

It was an awesome race! Lots of fun. I too was considering sweeping this event, as I've been battling a wrist injury since the Mclean H/S. But the "Speedy Senior" told me I'd be a wuss for jamming out! So thanks for guilting me into it Pat, and I'm glad I did. I saw Cladoo after the race and he was more spent from sweeping than he would have been from racing :crazy: I'm glad everybody liked the course, there were a lot of challenges getting the loop together in a format that would suit everybody. I really liked a couple of new sections, the lower valley near Cloud 9, the new section through the reforested stumpy cut block...I call that Steve-O's Excellent Adventures, and of course Brent's handiwork bypassing Hazard County ( I love that stuff). Big thanks to Steve-O for all the work he did on the loop, and of course all the other volunteers....with out them, there is no race :applause: :applause: :applause: . Next stop Racehorse for the final XC of the year, can't wait :thumbsup:

trashy

Post by trashy »

Ricktc wrote: On a side note, it was nice to meet and talk to you on the starting line, Jill. Next race I'll have to catch up with you again and you can share some more Erzberg stories, sounds like it was an amazing time! :nworthy:
Any time Rick!! I love talking....

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Barcode results posted for anyone interested:

http://www.albertadirtriders.com/barcoderesults.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

Hey Everyone ...

We need to get the ribbon cleaned up on the race course so we're hoping everyone can pitch in over the next week?! If you are out at Mclean, please tie a grocery bag to your chest protector and get a couple ribbons for us, we'd really appreciate it if everyone pitches in just a little bit so it's not such a huge job.

Thanks so much!! :cheers:
Mrs. Wildman

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

The bridge crossing the water South of the Fisher Rd will be removed this week and ASRD has requested that we not continue riding this piece of trail. Please do not try to cross the creek/skeg anymore.

Perhaps in the future we can look into building a more sustainable trail interconnector.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Sounds like a plan Dobi wish I could help but bike and body are suffering.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

I'm going to do some deflagging today and hopefully this weekend, I'll grab from the areas I ride.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

Rider
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider »

Boy what a race! Loved the new trails, will be riding those again soon. After drowning my bike in a lake sized puddle and having to drain the mud out of the carb and riding on a flat front tire for 32km I was beat! (but had a blast)
Big thanks to everyone who made the legendary Grizzly a huge sucess again.

Cedric P
Life is short, ride hard.
Cedric Peters

golarge
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by golarge »

The start of cloud 9 & cloud 8 1/2 to the first check point is deflaged. You guys are missing out.We had a blast. There were 3 of us, we lined up threw a rock up in the air,it hit,the race is on.Of course its a dead start. The rider with the least amount of flags is buying the beer. Alls fair as far as we were concerned. Blocking,checking,hitting kill switches,shift levers,brake pedals,pulling goggles.I hav'nt had that much fun on a bike in a while.Looking forward to are next ride :D
Yup. Got a new one.

d4rk5trok3r
Writer
Writer

Post by d4rk5trok3r »

golarge wrote:............ Blocking,checking,hitting kill switches,shift levers,brake pedals,pulling goggles....... :D
I manage to do that by myself, to myself...... all the time, cant' imagine what would happen if it was intentional.

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

golarge wrote:The start of cloud 9 & cloud 8 1/2 to the first check point is deflaged. You guys are missing out.We had a blast. There were 3 of us, we lined up threw a rock up in the air,it hit,the race is on.Of course its a dead start. The rider with the least amount of flags is buying the beer. Alls fair as far as we were concerned. Blocking,checking,hitting kill switches,shift levers,brake pedals,pulling goggles.I hav'nt had that much fun on a bike in a while.Looking forward to are next ride :D
That sounds like a blast. Thanks guys we totally appreciate it! :cheers:

PS.. who had to buy beers?
Mrs. Wildman

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

DEFLAGGERS CONTACT ME!!!

Post by KanadianIceMan »

DE-FLAGGERS CONTACT ME ASAP!!! - mitch@secondgearclub.com

I am starting to flag tues-thurs for my CMA race in 2 weeks and there are still lots of flags up on the west side .

I WANT to use the flags that is in the upper staging area from the parking lot on the upper part there, I will take these down after the race, (its like a 2-3KM loop, 10min?) It is an awesome ladies/kids/dual sport they will like it lots.

There are lots further in sort of by Ewok, Burts trail & such, 2nd loop maybe? Iron man loop? I dont want to flag & then have de-flaggers take them down on me.....

I will be using the same ribbons as you. Pink for trail, pink/blue turn.

Again Please contact me ASAP!!!

Cheers,
Mitch
mitch@secondgearclub.com

Rider
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider »

Back by ewok was the pro loop/last man standing, Brent was going to take them down, if you want them left up might want to get in touch with him. We have been working on everything on the east side of the road, havent touched anything on the west.
Life is short, ride hard.
Cedric Peters

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Mitch,

maybe also post in announcements (sp?) and general too so you can make sure they can see it.

Be careful on the west side that you don't get into the really gnarly stuff that #5 flagged for the pro loop.

:cheers: