The Official 2009 Grizzly XC

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: The Official 2009 Grizzly XC

Post by dirtyboy »

I could tell you my version of how it will work but that would continue to confuse everyone. The organizers of the race are not available via this forum at the moment. The race logistics will all be explained at the rider's meeting. The rider's meeting is mandatory to attend if you are racing so everyone will get the same information at the same time.

It is a Cross Country race. The race will follow the ADRA rules. Please accept the logistics explained at the rider's meeting. Do not count on any logistical information from this forum as it may be incorrect and the moderators won't allow any sniveling about the race after the fact.

It's going to be beautiful weather and we have a good XC course. (I haven't actually seen much of the course but from what I've seen it's going to be good.)

See you at the race! :thumbsup:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

dirtyboy wrote:I could tell you my version of how it will work but that would continue to confuse everyone. The organizers of the race are not available via this forum at the moment. The race logistics will all be explained at the rider's meeting. The rider's meeting is mandatory to attend if you are racing so everyone will get the same information at the same time.

It is a Cross Country race. The race will follow the ADRA rules. Please accept the logistics explained at the rider's meeting. Do not count on any logistical information from this forum as it may be incorrect and the moderators won't allow any sniveling about the race after the fact.

It's going to be beautiful weather and we have a good XC course. (I haven't actually seen much of the course but from what I've seen it's going to be good.)

See you at the race! :thumbsup:
Well said. This is what I should have said! What I posted earlier is a version of a previous conversation I had with the organizer's.

Listen to DB's post!! :thumbsup:

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Pulled from the ADRA off-road rules:

Definitions
Cross-Country (XC): A long-distance Off-Road race on a course consisting of one or
more loops of minimum of 35km length. An additional loop may be added for the Pro
class and is typically 15 km in length.

So it sounds pretty open, I'm sure the clarification will come at the riders meeting. Ignore my thoughts on 2 hrs, thats for harescrambles, whoopsie doodles! :blush:
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Some serious advice to the new guys. Same things you need for any Cross Country race.

Bring your gas can as you may need to re-fuel.
Fill your bike before the race. :D
Bring your trail tools with you on the trail and tire patch kit if you are running tubes in the tires.
Bring a snack and some fluids (drink pack) on the trail with you.
Bring a buddy with you. It's more fun together. :thumbsup:
Bring a zip tie and some duct tape to reinforce your race tag. The race tag will be attached to your chest protector and will be used for checks during the race. If you loose your tag you don't finish, so a bit of duct tape on the back helps if it happens to get wet.
Don't try to ride fast, try to ride smooth.

It'll be a fun race. :thumbsup:

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I think the big thing about racing is people lose the fact that it's supposed to be enjoyable and fun. Sure, everybody wants to win, but should also want to have a good time at the end of the day.

Of course, this is easier said then done. I'm like above. If I race, I lose all the aspect of fun and at the end of the day I don't enjoy it much. I know watching or volunteering the event will leave me wishing I raced though...
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

My first couple years in XC were so much fun.
At no time was i racing. i was just out riding and wanted to finish so i could get a shirt :thumbsup:
It was all about the shirt.
i did not care where i was when the gun went off to start the race. i just rode at my ability and tried to ride cleanly.
i often found i would pass the racers that went off at Mach1 for the first 15kms. They looked very tired as i passed them and never saw them again until the finish line...behind me. :D

Now, i still ride to my ability. i try hard to be mistake free. i do not care where i am when the start begins.
And i still make it about the shirt :lol:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Spinalguy wrote:My first couple years in XC were so much fun.
At no time was i racing. i was just out riding and wanted to finish so i could get a shirt :thumbsup:
It was all about the shirt.
i did not care where i was when the gun went off to start the race. i just rode at my ability and tried to ride cleanly.
i often found i would pass the racers that went off at Mach1 for the first 15kms. They looked very tired as i passed them and never saw them again until the finish line...behind me. :D

Now, i still ride to my ability. i try hard to be mistake free. i do not care where i am when the start begins.
And i still make it about the shirt :lol:
Ironically I think I've learned that in my last year of riding. I've began to ride more-so for fun and to be smooth and efficient, and because of this I've learned how to go faster because of it.

Jaro51
User
User

Post by Jaro51 »

Help for a newbie, what colour of plates and numbers do the Vet Masters run? Also, what is the age cut-off for vet classes? I'm 35 so wondering if I should enter vet master, vet junior or regular junior? Need to buy some numbers and a plate background tonight so I can be legal for Sunday.

BTW, I'm excited to get out for a race, can't wait to see what you all put together for this event, sounds like a "must ride" race so I'll be out on Sunday if at all possible. And this is just one mans opinion but I think pre-riding an XC course is lame.

Thanks and see you all out there on Sunday!

gdg530
Writer
Writer

Post by gdg530 »

I'm with spinalguy,this is my first race and i'm just looking forward to a good trail and finishing the race,can't wait to finish it to say i did it.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Jaro you need black numbers on white backgrounds for all vet classes. And you need an M for Master or J for Junior in the Vet classes.

Junior is red on white background.

Cheers!

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Post by KanadianIceMan »

Im in to sweep this year again! Have a massive 14 litre tank so i can lend gas out on the trail too for some beers!

Should i carry coolant for those KTMS too? hehe

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

KanadianIceMan wrote:Im in to sweep this year again! Have a massive 14 litre tank so i can lend gas out on the trail too for some beers!

Should i carry coolant for those KTMS too? hehe
Who's going to sweep you!!?? :smirk: Just kidding ya Mitch, thanks for coming out and helping :thumbsup:

Jaro51
User
User

Post by Jaro51 »

What a great race! Thanks to all that made it a reality, it was a great course and I had a blast! Glad I made it out and hopefully I can make it to more races in the future.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Was a great race.

Congrats to all that finished! While sweeping I came across quite a few who were pushing their physical boundaries, but I can only imagine the feeling when you came out of the trees to see the finish line! The last 10k was a test of abilities and limits for sure!

I had fun sweeping. Know better what the courses are like I might join the next race, or sweep to ride new areas.

oldguy
User
User

Post by oldguy »

did anyone find a pair of white motorcycle boots after the trophy presentations - size 7 womens - in the upper fisher parking lot?