The Official 2009 Grizzly XC

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: The Official 2009 Grizzly XC

Post by dirtyboy »

Let's take it easy on our volunteers. There would be no race or club or website without volunteers. If we continue to criticize them they will go away.

No more criticism (constructive or otherwise) on the forum will be tolerated.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

dirtyboy wrote:...No more criticism (constructive or otherwise)
:applause: :applause: :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

My bad...i hadn't drank my coffee yet :blush:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

JohnE wrote:I have a couple of beginner questions because me and my buddy are thinking about showing up on the weekend to "race" (I use the word loosely, we're pretty much newbies in our second season at McLean Creek and have never raced before):

- do you need a license or do you just show up before the riders meeting and get assigned a number?

- when is the beginners race? Is it Saturday, Sunday or one on each day?

- is there a schedule posted somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help and any other tips you might have. Regards, John E.
John,

Show up on Sunday morning between 8:30 and 9:00 (sign in) for the Beginner's race. You will have to purchase a day or 1/2 license and pay for race entry fee.

You can have a number in mind but it will have to be unique. You could bring red electrical tape and have white backgrounds to put on temporary numbers or you can have Gary (look for the huge Gear Box trailer print some up for you on Sunday morning).

Dobi posted the schedule previously.

Ride your own pace and don't get too caught up in the race part and I'm sure that you will enjoy the race. :thumbsup:

oldguy
User
User

Post by oldguy »

are the vets riding the pro loop?

How much is a half day licence?

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

I think we all need one big group hug! Lets meet where the flagging of the XC loop starts, and do the group hug there.

I was really hoping I could give you guys a hand. I even took a day off work. I hope you guys don't burn out. Thank for all you hard work! I am heading out for 1pm, so if you change you mind and want some help, I'll have my saw with me!

I think most people like to preride because our event are so awesome, and because the courses are so fun to ride. I think it is a real complement to the people who put the course together that people want to ride it as much as possible. :thumbsup:

Well... I am off to preride...ahh... I mean ride... I got to secure my 14th place some how.

(this was meant to be funny, and not any sort of positive or negative criticism, in case there was any doubt)

Zeal
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

oldguy wrote:are the vets riding the pro loop?

No, the vets are not riding the Pro loop. The ONLY people riding the Pro loop are the Pros and the Vet Masters/Intermediates who sign up AND qualify for the Ironman (by completing the first main loop within an hour of the leader.).

In the XC portion of the race, riders will be able to ride the Main loop twice if they make the cut-off time, but there are only a handful or riders who will be able to accomplish this. For most riders, you will just be doing the one big main loop, which is about 60-65km.

As a reminder, there will be an emergency gas stop for motocross bikes. All the offroad KTMs will have no problem completing the loop on one tank. If you know that your bike cannot go 65km, then you are allowed to throw a gas can into the truck that will transport them out to the gas stop. You will be responsible for filling up your own tank at the gas stop.

In regards to pre-riding, is anyone interested in riding the loop once for us - tomorrow afternoon or saturday? To double-check the flagging and measure the length? If so, call me 613-4002 or just show up. I'm heading to Mclean tonight so I won't have internet to reply anymore to this forum.

Thanks,
Suzanne
Mrs. Wildman

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

Oh, and I want to thank all of our volunteers. This race has required an unbelievable amount of work and we've had lots of help, over the last couple of weeks especially. Thanks to everyone who made this possible, especially Steve-o and Brent K who took charge of the two loops and did a tremendous amount of work to get this thing together. It's going to be a race to remember, that's for sure.

Thanks guys, you totally rock. :cheers:
Mrs. Wildman

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

65km!?#$%@! :nworthy:

Good job guys! :cheers:
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

All I gotta say is if it rains, bring 2 days supplies with you. :lol: :thumbsup:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

dirtyboy wrote:All I gotta say is if it rains, bring 2 days supplies with you. :lol: :thumbsup:
Why would you say the "R" word :crybaby:

How much food should we bring even if it doesn't rain :smirk:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Suzanne wrote:
oldguy wrote:are the vets riding the pro loop?

No, the vets are not riding the Pro loop. The ONLY people riding the Pro loop are the Pros and the Vet Masters/Intermediates who sign up AND qualify for the Ironman (by completing the first main loop within an hour of the leader.).

In the XC portion of the race, riders will be able to ride the Main loop twice if they make the cut-off time, but there are only a handful or riders who will be able to accomplish this. For most riders, you will just be doing the one big main loop, which is about 60-65km.

As a reminder, there will be an emergency gas stop for motocross bikes. All the offroad KTMs will have no problem completing the loop on one tank. If you know that your bike cannot go 65km, then you are allowed to throw a gas can into the truck that will transport them out to the gas stop. You will be responsible for filling up your own tank at the gas stop.

In regards to pre-riding, is anyone interested in riding the loop once for us - tomorrow afternoon or saturday? To double-check the flagging and measure the length? If so, call me 613-4002 or just show up. I'm heading to Mclean tonight so I won't have internet to reply anymore to this forum.

Thanks,
Suzanne
So officially the race for SuperVets,VetJR,Novice,Ladies is 130km.[if they make the cutoff]We need to have gas @ the finnish etc? So a couple of fast SuperVets & VetsJR could end up doing more mileage than the Pro's?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

trailguy wrote: So officially the race for SuperVets,VetJR,Novice,Ladies is 130km.[if they make the cutoff]We need to have gas @ the finnish etc? So a couple of fast SuperVets & VetsJR could end up doing more mileage than the Pro's?
No.
The loop is 61kms and than you are done. If you finish within one hour of the Pro leaders time, you will be eligible for the Ironman.
As with anything this may change. It is my understanding of the new format. i have been wrong before though...a few times. :D
Suzanne is out there already and will not be able to answer. Maybe someone later today will chime in with the official format.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Here's the official plan:

It will be an established time cut off. Time to be announced. The cut off was to allow the top riders of vet master and intermediate the choice to do the 35 KM pro loop if they felt that they haven't riding at that point. Only very few will make the cut off and then they have the OPTION.

So don't worry your won't have to do the east side loop twice!

It will be fun. See you all there.
Last edited by steve-o on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Say someone were to complete it within 2 hours (I'm assuming this is the cutoff, as it's the standard cutoff for Juniors, Vet Jrs, Super Vets), would they be required to do it a second time? Or could they run the west loop for fun? Or I guess they will need sweepers? :thinking:
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R