McLean Creek Harescramble - aftermath

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

McLean Creek Harescramble - aftermath

Post by steve-o »

A huge thanks to all who volunteered this weekend and especially on sunday! Man some of those hills were gnarly!! This was by far the best Mclean race experience I've ever had!!! BAR NONE!

Big thanks to Dirtyboy for the AWESOME course!, and his helpers who laid it out with him, thirtyseven and spinalguy, I guess that means you too!! :nworthy: :smirk: :banghead: (I'll get you guys one day!!!), Motored was also on the list of helpers but I'm not choked at him for beating me as he's not in my class!! :lol:

Thanks RMDRA!!

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: McLean Creek Harescramble - aftermath

Post by cladoo »

Man my back is sore today! I will have some pics up this week that I took on the first lap at the bottom of the hill. I had fun too! Congrats to the riders! :applause:
Claude

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

:applause: Good job on the course and flaggin Dave et al. I'm really curious now to what the XC will be like! Rumours are already flying about "It'll be twice as hard!" hahaha!

Did anyone find the two lost racers? I spoke to friends later in the day who were staged nearby, they said some kid came wandering out of the bush out of gas, so they gave him some and he was on his way.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

cladoo wrote:Man my back is sore today! I will have some pics up this week that I took on the first lap at the bottom of the hill. I had fun too! Congrats to the riders! :applause:
Thanks Cladoo and everyone else that help us up some of those sorry *** hills.. :applause: :applause:

Although I did notice one person helping bikes up the hill that seemed a little pregnant (hmmm)... :crazy: :lol:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Big thanks to all the organizers, volunteers, course flaggers, sweepers, timing girls. The course was awesome, fantastic job on the layout, flagging and cutting/clearing Dave, Howard, and Brad :applause: Thanks to Spinalguy Chiropractic for the pops and hot dogs after the event (happy birthday Tom) :cheers:

I heard a great story after the race. Apparently a couple of young fellas showed up to race (they were new to racing), but were too late to sign up. Sean Brennan asked if they would like to sweep course for the race, so they did, and apparently did great and helped alot. After all the racers were in, Sean lined up the two guys, reset the clock, and sent them off with a blast of the air horn on a timed lap. I bet these guys were stoked and will be back again. It's efforts like that, that help grow this sport! Kudos to you Sean! :applause:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Great Shirts...awesome colors Suzanne :applause:
Great Trophies...thanks Cal (rogue) :thumbsup:
Tough course...thanks Dave :thinking:
Steve-0, i doubt the 6kms of trail i saw, helped me in a 22km loop of torture :lol:
Actually it was 3 loops of torture :crazy:

My body is sore today and LASER will be self administered to my no longer 'good' knee :smirk:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

MtnBlue wrote:Big thanks to all the organizers, volunteers, course flaggers, sweepers, timing girls. The course was awesome, fantastic job on the layout, flagging and cutting/clearing Dave, Howard, and Brad :applause: Thanks to Spinalguy Chiropractic for the pops and hot dogs after the event (happy birthday Tom) :cheers:

I heard a great story after the race. Apparently a couple of young fellas showed up to race (they were new to racing), but were too late to sign up. Sean Brennan asked if they would like to sweep course for the race, so they did, and apparently did great and helped alot. After all the racers were in, Sean lined up the two guys, reset the clock, and sent them off with a blast of the air horn on a timed lap. I bet these guys were stoked and will be back again. It's efforts like that, that help grow this sport! Kudos to you Sean! :applause:
Thanks Chuck. :)
That was very cool of Sean setting that up. :thumbsup:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Spinalguy wrote:
Steve-0, i doubt the 6kms of trail i saw, helped me in a 22km loop of torture :lol:
That's not what I meant. Just having fun! You 2 did great!!

Happy Birthday TK! :thumbsup:

Crazy68

Post by Crazy68 »

Best Harescramble ever!!!! A big thank you to everyone who put it all together :applause: Happy birthday tom :thumbsup:

MrsMike
User
User

Post by MrsMike »

In addition to all the work put in by those already mentioned (great job guys!), I think huge props are in order for Sean and Laura Brenan for all their work coordinating race day, as well as to Suzanne for all the paperwork and sponsorship she took on to make the day happen. Awesome team effort by the RMDRA and members from other clubs from around the province who always chip in to help out at the McLean race. :applause:
Cheers,
Lee (Dobi's wife)
Porschev, you can call me "The First Lady"

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone :)

Thanks as Lee has stated to all volunteers that are involved in making this event a huge success.
See everyone at the Grizzly XC. :thumbsup:

Brenan225
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Brenan225 »

It was great to sit around after and listen to everyone relive each moment of the race - made all the work worthwhile for me. The sweepers brought our missing riders back shortly after awards, they were both OK. One rider ran out of gas and decided to go for a walk and the other guy was found at about the 10k mark working on his first lap, he may have been in over his head but he didn't quit.
Resist, Insist,and Persist

Dude
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Dude »

I dropped my sunglasses between the fire pit and the water pump. Anyone find them? Red Smiths.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Dude wrote:I dropped my sunglasses between the fire pit and the water pump. Anyone find them? Red Smiths.
I think I saw a young lady wearing them at the firepit, dude... time to get a manly set.

Thanks to Todd and Claude for their stellar work on the hill after the picnic table and to all those who manned or womanned the last hill, We needed your help to put on a race that the majority would enjoy and you came through with flying colours, especially whom ever helped me get my bike turned around the right way on the last hill on the last lap with spinalguy breathing down my neck... In the heat of the moment I thought it was twotired, he says it wasnt so who ever it was THANKS.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dude, ask Mrs. Brenan225 about the shades.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the race course. It makes it all worth while.

And thanks to Dobi for sticking around to help with the de-flagging. He was planning to head home instead of doing another lap. Thank you! :applause: We completed it around 2PM today just in time to pack up and get home by dinner time. :thumbsup:

It's amazing how it was a mini-metropolis and then overnight it turned into a ghost town. :lol: