McLean Creek HS 2009

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

McLean Creek HS 2009

Post by dirtyboy »

Well it was very dusty out at McLean a couple weeks ago. It's nice that we are getting some rain now and the forecast is calling for more rain on Tuesday and then clear skies the rest of the week with around 23 degrees on the weekend. It should be great weather with little dust on the course to keep it safer. :thumbsup:

We've been working on a nice loop for the Adults to ride on Sunday. The loop will be very rideable for all Sunday classes. I will try to post an update on Friday after the Kids courses are flagged. The main loop won't be flagged until Saturday after the kids races are done.

Check the poster for more details.

You will require a CMRC license (day license available) and a motorcycle that will pass the 96db sound test to compete.

Hope to see you at McLean Creek (Fischer staging area) this weekend, July 18 and 19.

Any volunteers that would like to assist with deflagging on Sunday or Monday would be welcome.

:cheers:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Re: McLean Creek HS 2009

Post by MotorEd »

Sounds pretty cool! Count me in for some DEE-Flagging, provided the course you guys put together doesnt ruin me :lol:

:cheers:

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I may show up to take some pictures of the event.

Would you happen to know if flashes are allowed? I can't see there being an issue, but some people make a big deal out of it.

Please let me know.

Q

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Shibby! wrote:I may show up to take some pictures of the event.

Would you happen to know if flashes are allowed? I can't see there being an issue, but some people make a big deal out of it.

Please let me know.

Q
Its ok to use flash just don't go nuts with it. Using it as fill flash won't bother the racers too much as you'll be using it in a backlit situation. And if they do raise a stink, they should get used to the startdom status. Depending on the camera you're using, you can just crank the iso for the darker forrest shots and avoid the flash all together. You get the true colors and work on your panning technique if the shutter speed gets too low. But, you probably know all this, so I'm just rambling.

Have fun.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I go overkill with everything.

I'll be using 2 or 3 flashes off camera. I could see about the forward facing ones being diffused though.

I'm not keen on shooting natural light photo's.

otter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by otter »

Is there still volunteers needed on Sun for the H/S. I am thinking about racing but my father said he will help out. He does not ride but can help out for the day where needed.

Brad
403-510-6851

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

the more help the better. He would be put to good use somewhere if he shows up!

good luck with the race!

ALSO - ANY VOLUNTEERS OR PERSONS ANYWHERE ON THE COURSE FOR WHATEVER REASON NEEDS TO SIGN THE EVENT WAIVER. it is located at the sign in table.

otter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by otter »

Ok, Thanks Dobi

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Course update.

The conditions will be premo for Sunday. It's still a little wet but with the warm weather it should be perfect for Sunday. The loops are on the long side so there may not be time for a parade lap in the mornings.

For the Saturday races most of the course is complete and the last loop will be completely flagged for a parade lap late this afternoon.

For the Sunday race the course will be available for a parade lap on Saturday after 5pm.

See you at the race!