2009 Grizzly Volunteers PLEASE!!!

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

2009 Grizzly Volunteers PLEASE!!!

Post by Suzanne »

Hello Everyone! It's time to plan our big races! And we need volunteers!!!

Remember that if you volunteer for these races, you will still get points towards your season! (Your average points per race).

RMDRA is putting on two races this year: a Hare Scramble on July 18/19 and a Cross-Country on August 22/23.

I have combined the volunteer sign-up sheets so if you are only able to volunteer for one race, please specify when you reply to my thread. Please be sure you send me your name and contact info (email & phone). You can do this by pm or email me at pelletier.suz@gmail.com. You don't have to be a member to sign-up and you don't have to race! This is a great opportunity to get to know people in the offroading community, so come on out!!

Here's what we need:

Beverage Volunteer: (one per race) -- to be in charge of purchasing bevi's and ice and filling the club coolers on Saturday and Sunday.

Food Volunteers: (two per race, ideally two per day) -- to assist by shopping, cooking, and serving the hot dogs (or whatever food we decide to serve) on Saturday and Sunday.

Sweepers: (lots and lots) -- to sweep slower riders, help injured riders and assist with mechanical issues during the race. You will also make sure riders are abiding
by the rules and assist in fixing up the course as necessary.

Road Controls: (2-4 people) -- to watch for traffic at road crossings and ensure riders only cross when there are no vehicles crossing the intersection.

Sign-up and Scanning: (6 people each day) -- to assist in signing up all riders and collecting entry fees. Also to scan helmets and assist with tracking riders and then posting the
results.

Here is some equipment we will need for each race. Please advise if you are able to bring this equipemnt to the race!

EZ-UP Shelter (3)
Folding Tables (3)
Fire Extinguishers (3)
Two-way radios (lots)
Satelittle Phone (2)
Wood (lots)
BBQ
Last edited by Suzanne on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs. Wildman

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2009 Grizzly Volunteers PLEASE!!!

Post by Dobi »

pm sent

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

pm sent
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

Hey Suzanne, just a clarification: does "purchasing" of items like drinks and hot dogs and all that mean it comes from buddies pockets or the clubs pocket?

Cheers
Darren
2008 KTM 300 XCW

miles

Post by miles »

e-mail sent.

Steve

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i will donate $$$ to pay for dogs and bevys at the Grizzly Harescramble. :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I will be there for trail building/maintenance, ribboning as well as de-ribboning for the HS. obviously for the XC too.
My wife can help with sign in and helmet checks.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

darren wrote:Hey Suzanne, just a clarification: does "purchasing" of items like drinks and hot dogs and all that mean it comes from buddies pockets or the clubs pocket?

Cheers
Darren
Well, we do need both - right now Spinalguy is helping out with hot dogs and drinks for the hare scramble and we are still looking for a food sponsor at our cross-country!

But if you sign up as a volunteer cook or drink person, you are just required to get the stuff and bring it to the race and you will be reimbursed 100%! And we need one or two cooks to be in charge of cooking up the hot dogs! We will have the BBQ on site.

Suz
Mrs. Wildman

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Hi,

What is the schedule for the HS on July 18/19? Will the race be on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks,
Bark

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Bark wrote:Hi,

What is the schedule for the HS on July 18/19? Will the race be on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks,
Bark
Ladies and kids are always Saturday (CMRC races, as this one is), everyone else is Sunday.

D. :thumbsup:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Upon further review, i am pleased to announce that Spinalguy Chiropractic will donate the funds necessary to buy food and bevy's at BOTH the Grizzly HS and XC.

Tk :)
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

U do goood work, thanks
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Spinalguy wrote:Upon further review, i am pleased to announce that Spinalguy Chiropractic will donate the funds necessary to buy food and bevy's at BOTH the Grizzly HS and XC.

Thanks SpinalGuy :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Spinalguy wrote:Upon further review, i am pleased to announce that Spinalguy Chiropractic will donate the funds necessary to buy food and bevy's at BOTH the Grizzly HS and XC.

Food and bevy's at both! Man those T-bone steaks are gonna cost a fortune for 200-300 people. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

Thanks very much Tom!
Mrs. Wildman