The Grizzly XC 2009

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: The Grizzly XC 2009

Post by dirtyboy »

Some of you who frequent this forum were mentioning to me that you wanted to work on a loop on the East side. Anyone want to step up or pledge assistance? :confused:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Ill book time off to help, both with the planning and the ribboning
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I'm in

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

I'll help. :thumbsup:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

I'll help 4 SURE!!!!!!!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i will help :)
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

I'm in for helping as well.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Just an idea for the Ironman competition:

combined points from these 3 events:

1. Endurocross or hillclimb event on Saturday. Kevin is talking about an Endurocross coarse, but if that does not work, then it would be easy to setup a hillclimb challenge.
2. Beer Pong on Saturday night
3. Final overall placing for the main race on Sunday. Maybe this would be the time of first loop so all entries have a chance. the time offsets in the different classes would have to be calculated in order to figure out your overall placing in this first loop. this will be easy with our new bar code scanning devices.

Beer pong requires 2 people, so pick a good partner.

So lowest combined points of all 3 events wins...ie:

2nd-hillclimb
1st-beer pong
8th-xc loop
equals= 11 points
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

oh my God Brent you are hilarious... i think it's great idea because I happen to love beer pong, but honestly, I don't think it's gonna fly LOL are you for real? That's awesome. I like the idea of adding up points from different events or challenges but I don't think an official round of beer-pong on a TFA is going to pass through the loops.
Mrs. Wildman

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Big Dog wrote:Just an idea for the Ironman competition:

combined points from these 3 events:

1. Endurocross or hillclimb event on Saturday. Kevin is talking about an Endurocross coarse, but if that does not work, then it would be easy to setup a hillclimb challenge.
2. Beer Pong on Saturday night
3. Final overall placing for the main race on Sunday. Maybe this would be the time of first loop so all entries have a chance. the time offsets in the different classes would have to be calculated in order to figure out your overall placing in this first loop. this will be easy with our new bar code scanning devices.

Beer pong requires 2 people, so pick a good partner.

So lowest combined points of all 3 events wins...ie:

2nd-hillclimb
1st-beer pong
8th-xc loop
equals= 11 points

SWEET !!!!!

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Just messing around. beer pong is fun, but might not work for racing LOL. but putting a few different elements together for an iron man might be cool.
Last edited by Brent on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

:cheers: Totallly Big Dog. Politics, schmolitics.

So I was at South Fisher the other day and it's totally destroyed. The cut block is ridiculous. You can only go about 100 feet into the trees before you hit the football field of disaster area. I wonder what else will look different after the snow melts. Too bad.

Anyway, we'll just have to volunteer more time for trail maintenance!

I'm meeting with Dobi tonight (Wed) to get started on the pile of paperwork so soon we'll have some action on the Griz.

Suz
Mrs. Wildman

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

I'm scared to see what South Fisher looks like...by sounds of things the logging might help with the possible EX part of the course?!

Anyways, as per Sheridan's previous post, he wasn't volunteering to put the loop in, just trying to get some one to step up to the plate. I have talked with him for a few months about that and he is very busy with the mapping and also then helping out with the HS. However he has offered to help me lay out the loop, along with a bunch of other people. So I wil be taking on the responsibility of the East loop. I will take notes of all that volunteered under Dave's post and will hopefully get some good input from you all.

Ms WIldman just emailed me saying that the paper work is going good.

Good progress is being made.

Cheers!
2008 KTM 300 XCW

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

Hey everybody, as per our last Grizzly meeting, the course layout changed. Now we are doing one approx. 50km loop with easy and hard sections. The racers can choose between the easy and hard sections. The easy sections are longer but easier, the hard sections are shorter but substantially harder. This is a simple method, that everybody can figure out. I will be designing this loop and in charge of its final layout.

Then there will be the pro only loop, which is pretty self explanitory. Brent will lay this one out.

Race layout: Everyone will do the main loop. There will be a 2 hour cut-off, if you come in under that you do another loop of what you've just completed. That applies to all classes except pro. Pros, no matter what time they come in at, go out on the pro only loop. They have to complete both loops in order to not recieve a dnf. Nice and simple.

Iron man challenge: dethrone Wildman!!!

Iron man challenge: do the main and pro loop 2 times, simple, but hard.

Keeping it simple, Darren
2008 KTM 300 XCW

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Well it sounds like the main loop will now be a big circumference loop, roughly around 80 km's that everyone gets to do.....sweeeet! Steve-o, Sawatszky and Kevin have been out preping that loop...sounds interesting! So everyone will do this loop, the only difference is the pros will go out and do the 25 km pro only loop. that is the summary of the xc.

the ironman is for the pros only as they have to go out and do the pro loop one more time. It would be cool to have anyone enter into the ironman challenge, but this is just not possible.
The ironman challenge has always been designed for the pros as this is the ultimate challenge. If anyone out there has lots of energy after the 80 k loop, then you should be moving up a class. The pro only loop is so difficult that the pros will be making multiple attempts at many of the hills and once you are in there, who is going to drag you and your bike out? the pros sweep themselves for the most part, so that makes it easy.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC