2008 Grizzly HC congrats!

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2008 Grizzly HC congrats!

Post by Bark »

Hi,

I had a really good time on the race too.

It was so tough that I almost quit half way thru. Big baby! :crybaby: I thought that I knew where I was, so I sat there resting thinking can I really do more or should I bail before I get hurt? Then I continued... :thumbsup: I was absolutely finished before that nasty side uphill section. I wiped out on the beginning of it. Apologies to the guys who crashed into each other trying to avoid me and my bike. I tried hard to get it out of the way but I wasn't fast enough. After I pulled it off the course, I sat there for 20 minutes gathering up the fortitude to get going again and deciding how to get up the hill.

I rested every 5 to 10 minutes, I was zonked by the end.

I stopped at the last bog, the small one. I got stuck in the first two and made it thru the 3rd. I didn't want to get stuck again on the 4th. (Thanks for the help Paul for helping to get unstuck at the 2nd bog.) So, I thought I'm going to wait for a fast guy to show me the way thru.

Then... this cute little 12 year old girl pulls up! What's the way thru?!! No clue I tell her. She ponies up and rides on! Oh brother! She got a little bit stuck so I took my chance to reclaim my position! I am only mildy embarrassed to report that event. :blush: My brother and I laughed so hard last night my side hurt when I figured out she was probably lapping me!!! :thumbsup: I have a goal for next race, ride hard enough so that the small girls don't pass me!!

(I can't believe I'm posting this...)

Bark

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

MotorEd wrote: Steve-O, you would have done 3 laps for sure if you rode your bike instead of walking beside it :smirk:

:cheers:
Ouch! I resemble that remark!

Of all the pictures they post I have to be in one of them and it just so happened that I'm beside my bike. What are the odds. I'm disappointed though that he didn't post the pic of me jumping over that log 10 seconds later. The first go my front end washed out so I had to abort the crossing and turn around to try again.

Next time I promised myself I'll be in much better shape, so we'll have to see what happens then.

Thanks for the tube Ed!!

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

The course was awesome :applause: Great job on the layout (wish I didn't ride it so squidly :lol: ). Thanks to all the volunteers, who without, there would be no race. Also congrats to some of the local RMDRA members who had great finishes, Big Dog(Brent Kroeker) 2nd in the pro class,Trailguy(Dylan Cartwright)winning Super Vet, and Dirtyboy(Dave Sheridan) winning vet master, I heard Dave came in just behind the pro's :applause: Great job guys!!

dwagner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dwagner »

Awesome pics Rider Eh! Yes, I will keeping racing, when you are last there is only one way to go... DNF? :D

Is there another HS sometime in late August or September?
Thanks,

David

Find the RMDRA on Facebook at http://facebook.com/rmdra

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

It was a very fun course - thanks very much to all the RMDRA volunteers who worked hard to pull it off. And, again RMDRA has the most original "trophies" of the season - they looked very cool!

Cheers! D.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

WRocks wrote:I'll be out there tonight ~7:00pm taking down ribbons. It looks like Greg Schaff will be helping me.
If anyone else is going, please let me know...710-5988
Thanks,
Dobi and myself went out this morning (8:30am) before it got too hot! We went backwards on the course from the switchbacks up to First Ridge and pulled ribbon, we stopped at the cutline back down to the parking lot and did the Int. Kids trail and around the meadow ( start loop).So all the trail on First Ridge ,Second Ridge,and Eden is done. So what is left is the quad trail to Maclean Road , Log Hopper and all the way to the Shell Road crossing and up the cutline there. It shouldn't take too long for anyone wanting to help.
Claude

squidward

Post by squidward »

I knocked off the first few km's last night. From the start into rockhopper. I may join Aaron tonight but she is a little hot right now.

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Post by KanadianIceMan »

I believe this goes under the "The last Photo I ever Took" Catagory

PROPS!!!

Helmet Cameras! http://hcc.tv/secondgear
CONTACT mitch@secondgearclub.com
SGC PHOTOS Second Gear Club Photo Galleries
05' YZ250 - Pumpkin Eater

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Glad to hear that the majority of you had fun :thinking:

It was a great 2 days of racing! Friday night after the 4 inches of hail I was worried we were all going to have to run trellborgs to pull this off.

A huge thanks to all of our volunteers, the guys that built the course, Tom for the hotdogs, and of course my wife for not filing for divorce when I told her I was doing this again this year.

If any of the volunteers did not get a shirt, including those out there tonight deflagging, please PM me or call me at 698-3313 to hook it up.

Also, take note of the sponsors that are on the back of the shirts. These dealers and companies stepped up and donated huge to our club to help put on one of the best races of the CMRC season (I may be biased here). We had a number of bike shops in Calgary tell us to pound salt, or just ignored my calls after promising others that they were on board. We NEED to support these guys. The next time you are thinking of mail ordering a bunch of gear or toys out of the US, think about that sweet helmet I gave away or the stack of tires that put smiles on the faces of everyone that got one.

Cheers,
Mike & Lee

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

Great race for sure and I was glad to be a part of helping to put it together...Dobi runs a top notch operation and I’ll be volunteering again next year.

FYI: Greg Schaff and I finished pulling flags off of the last portions of the course tonight. Noal, Henning & Greg Bolso rode the entire course picking up the last remaining ribbons that were missed or on the ground. The loop is now squeaky clean and was done in time as per SRD requirements.

FYI: I found an air box cover from a KTM on the trail and brought it back, which miraculously after being left on the trail, is still in good condition. If you’re missing one, send me a PM. I’ll post a picture after I wash it and a $20 club donation required by its owner…lol
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

WRocks wrote:Great race for sure and I was glad to be a part of helping to put it together...Dobi runs a top notch operation and I’ll be volunteering again next year.

FYI: Greg Schaff and I finished pulling flags off of the last portions of the course tonight. Noal, Henning & Greg Bolso rode the entire course picking up the last remaining ribbons that were missed or on the ground. The loop is now squeaky clean and was done in time as per SRD requirements.

FYI: I found an air box cover from a KTM on the trail and brought it back, which miraculously after being left on the trail, is still in good condition. If you’re missing one, send me a PM. I’ll post a picture after I wash it and a $20 club donation required by its owner…lol
The airbox cover is either Ryan Roths or Doug Bachuria(sp) They were both missing one. Ryans was found and brought to the awards ceremony but scooped up by someone else. If you get it to me I will get it to Ryan for St Francis.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I left my black long sleeve up at the finish line on saturday. i had it on one of the spruce trees next to the finish line tent. if anyone has it, please let me know. it is old and ugly with holes, but is worth more to me then anything in the stores brand new.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

KanadianIceMan wrote:I believe this goes under the "The last Photo I ever Took" Catagory

PROPS!!!

IceMan.....gotta be one of the coolest pics I have seen in awhile! Nice shot!! "I said he man nice shot....nice shot man!"

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Dobi, are you expecting that the lap times from the race will be posted on-line?

If so, any idea when and where?

Cheers. :cheers:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

crazy2wheeler wrote:Dobi, are you expecting that the lap times from the race will be posted on-line?

If so, any idea when and where?

Cheers. :cheers:
I have the laptop at home with them on it. I am working on some IT issues to get it sent off to the ADRA site to get Bump and The Grizzly H/S uploaded

I also have a waterpack and a pair of 661 arm guards that were left in the field. Sorry BigDog I don't have your sweater.