2008 Grizzly HC congrats!

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

2008 Grizzly HC congrats!

Post by markvfr »

I just wanted to thank all the people involved in putting this awesome race together! Thanks Mike for planning an awesome course even though I rode like a donkeys a$$ on it.

Great event and looking forward to next year.

M

P.S. Anyone want to trade an 18 inch raffle tire for a 19? If not, I'll give it away for a donation to RMDRA.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Re: 2008 Grizzly HC congrats!

Post by cedric »

What kind of tire did you end up with?

KanadianIceMan
Journalist
Journalist

Post by KanadianIceMan »

it was definatley an interesting ride & change of scenery from the fast flowing terrain of huntervalley.

After a quick clutch lever & perch change we got on our way sweeping the course away racing each other to the check, man we were pushing everything we had to get on each others *** til the check!

I am REALLY impressed with the ladies out there riding, they cleaned some sections i was a complete sally in! Props to you gals!

It was probably one of the more techincal races, It was an craaaazy HS to me, but i have a feeling there were many novices who would say otherwise lol.
Either way, wicked time and I Cant wait to see the next Griz.
Helmet Cameras! http://hcc.tv/secondgear
CONTACT mitch@secondgearclub.com
SGC PHOTOS Second Gear Club Photo Galleries
05' YZ250 - Pumpkin Eater

Rider
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider »

Awsome race today, very well put together and organized. A big thank you to volunteers and organizers for hours of work to put on a great event!
I noticed there was a photographer on parts of the track throughout the day, any one know who he is/works for and if his pictures are available? It would be awsome to get some pictures of the race.
Thanks
Cedric P
Life is short, ride hard.
Cedric Peters

dwagner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dwagner »

The Newbie here, well this was one of the nastiest trails that I every rode. Don't get me wrong, the sections (about 20%) that didn't have f###ing roots everywhere were great - it was that other 80% that was a technically a female pooch! :crazy:

Now, not sure if I should believe this or not, but someone said to me most HS are not this brutal. However, he was a RMDRA member just like those other guys that told me if I can do the Wednesday night Guided rides, then this HS should be no problem. :confused:
Thanks,

David

Find the RMDRA on Facebook at http://facebook.com/rmdra

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Awesome race guys, had a blast other than the argument I had with the gravel road that first lap haha! Did get lost 2 or 3 times, but usaully when I wasn't paying attention and was trying to pass someone haha, my own stupididty!

The photographer was a friend of mine, here's a few of the pictures he has posted so far:

On a bad note, I guess someone ran over his $450 flash and broke one of his triggers, whoopsies!
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

By far the best H/S course I have ridden!!!! Some of the off camber hills had me worried the first time through, thinking they were going to be gong shows the next couple of times but they turned out awesome... Sorry to Spinalguy for hiting neutral at the top of a fast hill and just about killing him...
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

cedric wrote:What kind of tire did you end up with?
Its a Kenda but don't know the model as I just threw it in the truck. I'll check tonight.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

dwagner wrote:The Newbie here, well this was one of the nastiest trails that I every rode. Don't get me wrong, the sections (about 20%) that didn't have f###ing roots everywhere were great - it was that other 80% that was a ****! :crazy:

Now, not sure if I should believe this or not, but someone said to me most HS are not this brutal. However, he was a RMDRA member just like those other guys that told me if I can do the Wednesday night Guided rides, then this HS should be no problem. :confused:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and a better rider. For all it's worth I'm not that bad of a rider but I found it pretty gnarly in sections too! Just think of how much easier and faster you'll be on your next guided ride. If you can do the hair scramble the other stuff will seem that much easier. Keep racing!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

thank you to all volunteers :thumbsup:
The course was a 'bear' :D
Great layout. Too bad about some sections that got deep and dirty :crybaby:
The best ride i have ever had. 3rd lap was strong until i went deep and dirty. Totally wasted me. Took 3 mins to get out (helmet cam evidence :crazy: )
Speaking of helmet cam. i got over 2 hours until my 3rd crash inadvertently hit the remote stop button.
Great footage for 15mins until i got roosted. The lens got 1/2 way covered so the footage is less than desirable. Some colorful language though :smirk:
i guess next time i am in mud, i will have to bring q tips and remember to clean lens.
Tough race but doable.

dwagner, i know how you feel. My first race was at Riviere's Revenge. It POURED RAIN! i was terrified on some downhill sections. But because it was a race, i was FORCED to ride everything. That race alone improved my confidence 1000%. i think i came last. i crashed no less than 14 times. It was fun...NOT. But i continued to race and my riding ability continues to improve. :applause:

thirtyseven,
no worries, that's racing. a nice f bomb is captured on video though :devil:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Here Here! :applause: Awesome job RMDRA! Huge thanks to the volunteers that made this event run so smooth! :applause:

Awesome course, very challenging....but very 'do-able'...probably one of the hardest courses I have raced, including the Crowsnest XC's.

Steve-O, you would have done 3 laps for sure if you rode your bike instead of walking beside it :smirk:

:cheers:

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Yep, a big thanks to Mike for all your efforts making it happen!

Also thanks to Tom for the hot dog after the race, it hit the spot! When are you going to post your latest vid Spinal? I want to watch me riding in third right off the start (Just in front of you :smirk: ), at least for a while, until I ran out of gas (Me NOT the bike :lol: :lol: ) Good race and happy birthday Tom!

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

David, way to go on the race. this coarse was very tuff for a HS...even for most x countries this was tougher. the coarse layout changed 3 times due to hail and road crossing possibilities. mclean is a real toss up...either it is rocky quadtrail/roads, or it is technical single track. there is nothing inbetween.
great turnout, great weather and i think there were no major injuries.
who is taking down the ribbons? please, we need help! you will probably find misc ktm parts while out there deflagging.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Is there any way to review our lap times? I'd like to see what some of the Pro's etc. are doing and, just compare my 3 overall.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

I'll be out there tonight ~7:00pm taking down ribbons. It looks like Greg Schaff will be helping me.
If anyone else is going, please let me know...710-5988
Thanks,
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT