race flagging

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

race flagging

Post by Dobi »

We have a sweet loop lined up for the Grizzly Hare Scramble! We have not hung a flag yet so don't bother looking :blush: We need people to come out Thursday afternoon and evening and to help finish off the flagging. We will be leaving from the Fisher parking lot at various times throughout the day. We also still have to iron out the kids loops so there will be lots of easy work in the area of the field.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Re: race flagging

Post by Brent »

This race is gonna be awesome! a hare scramble that i will actually enjoy, close to 20 km's and mostly fresh trail.....and that means the moss and leaves are still showing, you are going to love it! some of the best flowing single track at mclean. if there's one race you want to do this year, you gotta come try this one out!
the coarse is nothing like the Grizzly XC. that was designed to be very challenging, high difficulty, this HS is purely fun!
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

dwagner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dwagner »

Question I asked in another forum...

Question about the course... does everyone run the exact same course? I heard that they typically have portion of the course were the experts ride and where the other classes would ride, i.e. difference in technical difficulty.
Thanks,

David

Find the RMDRA on Facebook at http://facebook.com/rmdra

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

dwagner wrote:Question I asked in another forum...

Question about the course... does everyone run the exact same course? I heard that they typically have portion of the course were the experts ride and where the other classes would ride, i.e. difference in technical difficulty.
Cross country sometimes, Harescramble usually not

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Mike, so what time are you planning on leaving for the evening shift? I'm probably gonna make it for ~6-6:30.

Thanks.

Mark

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

David, if there is a technical section then it would be labeled either as a "difficult, but fast" line or it will be a coarse split for the experts. the hare scrambles are definately less difficult then the X countries.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

How did the flagging go? I may go out there for 5 today if you guys need some more help finishing it off.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

We only got 9kms flagged :crazy:
Great course...so far :thumbsup:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com