The IRON MAN-$1200 cash for first!

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Brent
Columnist
Columnist

The IRON MAN-$1200 cash for first!

Post by Brent »

The rumor mill has been running, but it is no longer a rumor..... The Iron Man cometh.
So the Grizzly will be a tough, old school 80 Km cross country. Well, why not do it twice. After all, 160-170 Km's is nothing compared to an ISDE event at 250 - 300 Km's per day right?! I mean, this is 160 Km's in one day at a local riding area. So we will find out who the real Iron Man is.

The rules:
1. you must enter as a pro, intermediate or vet master. So you start the cross country race in your respective class. The set back times from when the pros start will be deducted from your total time if you do complete the entire Iron Man.
2. You must complete both loops twice. So that is a B loop, an A loop, a B loop and then an A loop. You MUST have every check accounted for on your punch tag. Absolutely, no exceptions. The first circuit of 2 loops will have one punch card which will be removed after the first circuit has been complete. The Iron Man competitor at that time will get a second punch tag for the second circuit.
3. The winner will be voted on by all finishing Iron Man competitors because we cannot expect to have volunteers out there all day, so the honour system will prevail. The winner takes home all the money. If there are 15 or more competitors there will be $1200 cash for 1st place. (prize money breakdown will be posted later. if there are less competitors, the purse gets smaller).
4. After the first 2 loops are complete, those positions will be the results for the Grizzly XC. The CMRC points will be awarded according to your placing after 80 Km's, the Iron Man is an addition only for the loot.
5. The entry fee for the Iron Man will be $40 on top of the normal race entry fee. there are one day CMRC membership permits you can purchase, if this is your only CMRC race.

Will this be the toughest race in Canada?? Ask the competitors after the race!

Update:

the cutoff will be 1 hour behind the leader after 3 loops, so the racers that will carry on into the final 4th loop will be determined by the first racer entering the 4th loop.
also, the main awards for everyone will carry on as normal because i am sure there will be some Iron Man competitors out there till late, so there is no need to have everyone wait.

The idea of voting on the winner, or the honour system, is simply a chance for anyone to voice their concerns after the race is complete. at that time we will have all punch cards in and all times recorded to support the validity of final racers.
Last edited by Brent on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Sounds cool.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Will everyone start the second 2 loops at the same time or just keep going once the 1st 2 loops are completed?

Will I need lights to complete the last loop?

Kind of like the Last Albertan Standing?

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

[quote
Kind of like the Last Albertan Standing?[/quote]

You think the winner will be able to stand after 6 to 8hrs of riding at race pace?

Can you have a spare bike for when the first one wears out?

There should be a mandatory rear tire change after 2 laps :excuse:

W.F.O
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W.F.O »

Part of being the iron man is presvering your bike. I don't think Red Bull would let you swap bikes. Btw. Hopefully everyone has lots of coolant. And I don't care if I can stand after 8hrs as long as the money is in my pocket and I have the Belt!!!! Moooowahahahahahaaaaaa

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

W.F.O wrote:Part of being the iron man is presvering your bike. I don't think Red Bull would let you swap bikes. Btw. Hopefully everyone has lots of coolant. And I don't care if I can stand after 8hrs as long as the money is in my pocket and I have the Belt!!!! Moooowahahahahahaaaaaa
Is there going to be a challenger for the cash? Or is WFO gonna win by default??
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I have 10 racers confirmed, Canada's best riders will be there, so no one will walk away with any money. this will be a very tuff race. The Grizzly hill climb is brand new as of last night and no one has ever riden it. there will be a slight coarse reroute on the last loop to this hill climb.

No belt this year, we will have a large wooden plaque for the champ!

One more important rule, all racers must have proper numbers and coloured back grounds on all 3 sides.

There will be some volunteers out there until the end of the race, just not as many as the main race where we have 100 racers....we still need volunteer support for the Grizzly and the Iron Man.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Prize Money Breakdown

Post by Brent »

The more that sign up, the more number 1 wins:

5 racers: $200
8 racers: $400
10 racers: $800
15 or more racers: $1200
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

$1200.....

Post by Suzanne »

Thanks,

Now Kevin and I have a new pressure washer that would blow the shingles off your roof.

oh yeah.

:banana:
Mrs. Wildman

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

I think you guys should put a Grizzly sticker on that pressure washer. Kev is the well deserved Iron Man. It baffles me, a guy who never works out, rides half as much as some, and cleans up the way he does...he is definately wildman.
2008 KTM 300 XCW