2007 STAMPEDE HARE SCRAMBLE (June 9,10 )

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

the coarse looks like 17-18 km's of the 2005 pro loop but backwards and a few changes. Mostly Barwell ridge stuff, nothing too tight and technical. i just wanna fly!! Trying to eliminate bottle neck areas and a couple of open areas that work great for passing. It's gonna be a hoot!!
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

race

Post by DirtGirl »

Is the main event still on the saturday and the kids on sunday??
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Nope,
Kids race Saturday, Bigger kids race Sunday. The race poster will be out early next week.

slotcarrod
User
User

Want to race and help

Post by slotcarrod »

I have an easy up that the club can use. I would like to race but do not know if my "fat, un-fit" body can take it. My son and perhaps my daughter will race in the kids class. If I do not race, I can sweep or help in other ways needed. I am sure my wife will help out as well, counting or what ever, she has first aid but as a rider is as green as grass gets!

Can a slower rider race, or will they just get in the way?

What is the age limit for kids?

What is the cost for entry, adult and kids?

Do you neen a CMRA membership? If so can you get a temp, and how much $?

Sorry to ask soooo many questions, I looked all over this forum and the RMDRA site for race info and could not find much.
We are new, and do not know anything. It would be great if more info for the new guy was on the RMDRA site.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Slotcarrod, other than one guy we are all slower than someone else, you would have a blast, but if you're concerned, come out for the flaging and youll get an idea what ur in for.... the cost for entry,and kids ages will be on the poster that should come out shortly and I think, but dont quote me on it, you can buy a Cmrc for just one race

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Want to race and help

Post by Dobi »

slotcarrod wrote:I have an easy up that the club can use. I would like to race but do not know if my "fat, un-fit" body can take it. My son and perhaps my daughter will race in the kids class. If I do not race, I can sweep or help in other ways needed. I am sure my wife will help out as well, counting or what ever, she has first aid but as a rider is as green as grass gets!

Can a slower rider race, or will they just get in the way?

What is the age limit for kids?

What is the cost for entry, adult and kids?

Do you neen a CMRA membership? If so can you get a temp, and how much $?

Sorry to ask soooo many questions, I looked all over this forum and the RMDRA site for race info and could not find much.
We are new, and do not know anything. It would be great if more info for the new guy was on the RMDRA site.
That would be great if you could bring out your easy up. We could use as many as we can get. I am still in need of volunteers for the sign in and score keeping so your wife would be a welcome hand and she will not be required to ride.

Your questions regarding age limits can be found on the www.albertadirtriders.com website. I don't think you can buy just a day license, it is the full $120 fee plus a $45 entry fee for the grown ups. Kids need a license and get a cheaper entry fee ($25). Anyone is more than welcome to race. There are a large # of people that come to race just to get a good ride in and have a goal of finishing rather than winning. You will not be in anyones way, just move over to let people by when they come up on you. It really does work. With the Pros riding with everyone in a H/S format we all get passed a few times :cripple:

slotcarrod
User
User

Post by slotcarrod »

Thanks for all the info. We will bring the easy-up and you can count on my wife, Tiffany and myself for any help needed. I will not race (with all the fees, it's just not worth it for only going to one race) but I will let Cody race in the Kid's class. Can I buy a CMRA membership at the event?

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

yes you can purchase the license the day of the event.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Race Poster now available

Check the Home or Race page links above! :banana:

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Great race today (sunday)! Had fun helping out with sign in and lap scoring (apart from the guy that hit me with his bike :bonk: ) Congrats to everyone that made it happen. :cheers:
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Kudos to everyone that helped out. Great weather and a great turnout. I'm beat from just sweeping, now its time for some sleeping. :snore:
Claude

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Results?

Post by MotorEd »

Anyone :excuse:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I thought that was the best Stampede HS yet. :dblthumbs:

I didn't hear of any serious injuries this year. Was it a safe race?

I think that not clearing it out as wide and smooth as other years and having some tough technical sections kept the overall speed down just a bit from past years.

MotoEd, you missed an awesome one. :eek:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

dirtyboy wrote:I thought that was the best Stampede HS yet.
Thats great to hear. I also heard you did very well....congrats on that :applause:
I think that not clearing it out as wide and smooth as other years and having some tough technical sections kept the overall speed down just a bit from past years.
Honestly I think this is the way to go....much safer as speeds are kept down. Those WFO sections are where the serious crashes occur. Would rather feel beat up because of a tough technical race than get carried away in a stretcher because of a high speed oops.
MotoEd, you missed an awesome one.
Yes I have heard several times now. :banghead: Glad you guys had a great day :cheers:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I laid it down on one of the high speed sections!! 4th gear pinned clipped a loose log on the cut line, somehow came out on unscathed, but it really took the wind out of my sails in the third lap. Course was awesome. Great job by Dobi and all the voluteers :thumbsup:
Last edited by MtnBlue on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.