2007 STAMPEDE HARE SCRAMBLE (June 9,10 )

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2007 STAMPEDE HARE SCRAMBLE (June 9,10 )

Post by Dobi »

Well boys and girls, the date has been confirmed for this race. We are now a go on the weekend of June 9,10. at the last meeting we had sign up sheets for volunteers looking to help out at the race. A few people have signed up but we need way more people to put on a race of this magnitude. Here is as list of volunteer positions that still require filling:
Trophies: Handled by Bill, Claude and Lisa
Signage for the event: Mark has volunteered, we could use more help for designing a race poster, distributing race posters, and putting up traffic directing signs the weekend before the race
EMS: Last years volunteer cannot make this years race. We need at least one EMT or EMS at the race to meet our permit requirements. This is a mandatory position that must be filled or we will have to pay for someone for both days in order to hold our race. That would eliminate almost all of the profit the club makes from this race. Even if you know an EMT that does not ride, we can make it work.
Sponsorship: Gord has taken this position on. If you would like to help out or know of someone that wants to donate to or sponsor our race please contact myself or Gord (Hammer)
Food and Beverage: At our last races we have always had a few coolers full of water and pop, along with some cut up fruit for the racers to help themselves to after the race. The club will pay for the supplies, we just need someone to bring them to the race and lay them out.
Sweepers, Course Marshalls, and Traffic Controllers: We need a few people to ride the course after the racers have left and provide assistance to any downed riders or help some of the rookies and kids up and over obstacles. It would be very beneficial if these persons had at least basic first aid. We will need a few persons to man intersections and road crossings (if any)to direct traffic and prevent course cutting.
Sign in Help and Lap Checkers: we need 5 or more persons to help sign up riders on the mornings of both days and to record laps and check mark helmets during the race. These persons do not need to be bike riders but counting past 4 would be considered an asset.
Volunteers for course set-up: no need to sign up for this now, we will be spending the weekend before the race camping at Fisher Campground (food and beverages to be provided). There will also be a number of other dates that will be announced in advance on this forum.
Volunteers for course tear-down: we will need a few small groups of riders to run around the course and pull down all the ribbon and any trash. I am planning on taking the Monday off work to finish the tear down and take some "after pictures' to submit to SRD. It would be great if we could get all the ribbon pulled down after the race on Sunday.

We do need to borrow the following items for both days:
EZ-Up Tents - 3 or 4
Folding Tables- 3 or 4
Sattelite Phones- Minimum of one, prefer to have 3
Portable Radios (Motorola preffered as that is what I have now) - couple sets
tarps or kiddie pools to put gas cans on in the start area - 3 or 4 large tarps or kiddie pools

I am certain that I am missing volunteer positions and items from the above list so I will add to it as required. Please PM me your name and the position that you are looking to volunteer for, or the item that you are willing to lend.

If you have any suggestions that you feel would help make this the best race of the year, please PM me, phone me (803-5892), or send me a crayola rendering of your idea.

Looking forward to seeing you all out there.

Mike

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

We do have the large RMDRA sign (black logo on white background) from the bike show that can be used, as well as a number of other large pieces of white ABS that can be used as a backing/platform for placing other signs/notices on, etc.

Again, I have an EZ-up that I'll volunteer for the race, as well as some time in advance for flagging, etc.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Contact me if you need some printed material (posters, flyers, etc) :cheers:

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I am in for coarse building and tear down.
Talk to Hoppy about EMS, she said she was going to help.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I will help with all I have in the past- call me Mike- Dennis @ 850-4888 :cheers:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks Mike for taking this on. :applause:

i will be there for course building.
i will donate prizes as well.

TK :canada:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

RPM 550MXC
User
User

Post by RPM 550MXC »

I can help with Tear down
2005 CRF450X

RACING Because Football,Basketball, and Golf only require ONE BALL

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

I can set up, tear down, and help the day of with everything, except I will be racing so exclude whatever takes place during that time.
2008 KTM 300 XCW

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

trophies

Post by DirtGirl »

I think I have some more donated trophies from Laurie Anne Benko too.............
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

hoppy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hoppy »

Hey Mike,

I can do the EMS for the Sat, and I will find someone for the Sunday !!!

I will email my friends at work tomorrow, and get back to you.

:cheers:

Valerie
'07 KTM XC-W
Ride hard or stay home !!

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I have talked with Dean Boettcher and he may be available as well-maybe for Sunday?
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Thanks for all the replies and PM's gang. There is lots of enthusiasm in this club to put on a top calibre race. I look forward to working with everyone. More good news, we have already received the Temp. Field Authorization from Forestry for both the set up weekend and the race weekend. They are adamant this year that all ribbon MUST be cleaned from the trails by the Monday following the race though.

Mike

my450
Contributor
Contributor

Post by my450 »

Sign me in for set up, tear down and Monday help. if needed.

Brad 710-3137
Ok, NOW I'm hurt.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Just a little side note for tear down, if the main race is held on a saturday (obviously not gonna change this year), that gives some of us more time to tear down ribboning on Sunday so that Monday is cleared up. Might make things a little easier as well as an extra day to heal/clean for monday workday.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

I'm happy to help with the post race ribbon tear down Sunday or Monday, as well as tear down/clean up at the end of the race. I'm also available for course set up during the week before the event.

Just PM me with whatever you need Mike.

Anthony