2007 Cross Country

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i missed the race due to body injuries and a wonderful wife that asked me to celebrate her bday instaed of racing. This was her first such request in 3 years of riding and racing.

Lee,
i am sure you, Derek and Ron Scott will enjoy next years A loop when you move up to Vet Master for some competition unless Ron moves into Pro :D
:cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Lee, sorry about hitting you AGAIN.....!!! Make a mental note for next season, never stall infront of Howard....he'll hit you.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Lee, congrats on 2nd place. Ron has got your trophie.
there were 5 of us out last night taking down ribbons, so the first and last sections to the A loop are cleaned. we removed the first and last check, so that is all the really touigh stuff for the A loop removed. what's left is the easiest part, barwell sections out to 5 point and then quirk ridge trails up to the Jimmy field need to be cleaned.
we also got the intial 3 KM's of the B loop, so please help take down ribbons if you are out there this weekend. even if you just grab 5KM's of trail that will help. thanks.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Giles
Writer
Writer

Post by Giles »

We're heading out tomorrow, if we see any ribbons we'll be sure to grab them..
Cheers!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Don't grab white ones! Unless there are a pile of them in one small area (tag check). Single white ribboned trails are to let the loggers know where are trail is.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Giles
Writer
Writer

Post by Giles »

Okeedokee.

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

Me, Jaro and my friend mark cleared the B loop from Fisher to just past the middle staging area.

So, If you start where we left off you will definiely still find alot of ribbon.

Just go up the hill just past the middle staging area and you should start finding ribbon again when you get to the quad trail.

Hope this helps,

Zeal
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Thanks Zeal. which way did you guys go after the split in the coarse? or did you go both ways?
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

So now that the winter is wearing off and everyone wants to burn off the chub, what is the lasting impression from the Grizzly XC? I mean, I am flattered that the event pulled off so well. We had picture perfect conditions; no serious injuries (at least that I'm aware of), and just generally a day of kick ***. The Grizzly was, according to Halmazna, "an international level event!" This comes from the guy who knows what international racing is all about, and from a guy who kicks *** on an international level! It's funny, a few complained, most were excited for the challenge, and the five guys (Kevin, Jason, Shane, Marty, and Jack) that completed the iron man challenge were estatic...and Kevin Pelletier is phenom! The guys that really push the envelope and have a positive outlook no matter what, those are the guys that loved the event. And that makes me super happy! And by the way, none of this would have been possible without all the volunteers, the RMDRA, and especially Brent and Dobi. Anyways, I hope that in the future we can maybe see the Grizzly come out of hibernation (as she is off for this year), and keep pushing the envelope. Please send some feedback, and keep it in mind that we can do this again.

D
2008 KTM 300 XCW

Suzanne
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Suzanne »

sweet. Hey did you read the article I wrote in IMX about last man standing?? I mention the Grizzly!! Whoa-ho Check it out!
Mrs. Wildman

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Thanks Suz. the Grizzly will probably happen again next year. i have a few new ideas up my sleeve that will go into effect this fall. but first there is a lot of work to do with Dylan's map and trail maintenance.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC