2007 Cross Country

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Where is the "Grizzly" Hill Climb? Is it close enough to the staging area for people to be able to walk in to watch? If not, will there be a flagged route so people can ride in to watch?
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

hoppy, as Brent has said it was the pro loop I was talking about, the other loop has all kinds of stuff that youll enjoy, What allways gets me about the pros is their ability to find traction and keep momentum going on stuff that I can barely walk on, let alone ride!!!!!

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

only Brent and me know where the Grizzly is...and neither of us even came close to climbing it! And we both promised to keep it secret so there is no one else that knows! Either Brent or me will go out when the iron men do lap three to re-route the course to the Grizzly climb. Talk to one of us during the race (or before) and maybe you can come along for helping the iron men up the climb. You will have plenty of time after your race to eat and clean up to head out for the climb b/c this climb will be around hour seven or eight!

Yesterday I rode with Chris Mele, Cody, Wildman Kevin and Dave Hodgkins and we finished up some ribboning and so far Kevin and Chris are gonna do the iron man challenge...so far Chris is the only intermediate that I know of that is going to do the Iron Man challenge! Looks like we have a top roster coming out to do the challenge, wil be awesome.
2008 KTM 300 XCW

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Sunny and a high of 23 degrees on Sunday. Man (and Woman) this is going to be a great race!

I can smell the dogs (that Spinalguy donated) cooking on the BBQ already.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Hey, we were all juniors at one point...right! so a race like this is so cool because it gives everybody something to shoot for and it really helps the newer racers develop technical riding skills.
i just came back from dropping off the motorhome at fisher staging and there is no snow out there, not even up on the ridges....SWEEEEET! and then with the weather coming up will be great. does anyone have an extra table we can use for sign in and helmet checking? E Z ups?
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

mike22

Post by mike22 »

can't wait this is going to be my first race since the 01 moose mtn and it was the format of this race that made me want to race again i hope i will be able to run the ironman sounds like a good time to me !!!!!

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I am thinking of going in this XC. I have never raced. Anybody know how much a day licence is? Do I get assigned a number there? I am 34 years old, what class do I sign up for? I have ridden with a few of you guys, so you might be able to tell me what class I should be in. Also, the poster says the "main" race is on the Sunday, but at the start of this post it names Saturday as the one to be at.

thanks.

Simon :cheers:
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Chucker, the poster is correct. Race is on Sunday for the Adults.

Vet classes start at 35 years so you would run a conventional class like Beginner, Junior, Intermediate, Pro. Most experienced riders would start in Junior but I don't remember how you ride.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Chucker,

The CMRC Juniors seem about as fast as the CMA Intermediates. I was surprised how fast (and big) the Junior class is. It is by far the largest class in terms of numbers. Have a look at the results from the earlier races this year (cmrcracing.com), and check some of the names, you'll know a bunch of them and you can probably figure out where you would like to put yourself.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Chucker, Ive riden with you, go in Juniors and get yourself a trophy, go in intermediate and get yourself beat up!!!

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

Howard, thanks for the confidence boost, but i'll be happy if I finish. I have only ridden my WR once this year and that was at the Kook. It still needs a bit of tweaking, but I hope to take care of that tomorrow.

Juniors it is!

S :cheers:
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

If you havnt riden much Id stay away from the intermediate,pro loop. Ill move out of your way when you catchme.

hoppy
Contributor
Contributor

Race

Post by hoppy »

OK, I feel much better now!!! :applause:

:cheers:

Hoppy
'07 KTM XC-W
Ride hard or stay home !!

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

:excuse: soooooo who be the KING OF THE FOREST?

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MotorEd wrote::excuse: soooooo who be the KING OF THE FOREST?
Mr. Pelltier