2007 Cross Country

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

getoutside wrote:Hi, I'm from Kimberley BC and I have a dr 350 and I'm wondering if dualsport bikes can ride the cross-country. Also I' ve never raced before and am wondering what is required to race, could somone please let me know. thanks
Jason
getoutside, I've never seen a dual sport bike ride a cross country race in the 6 years that I've been racing. Not that it couldn't be done but I haven't seen it. Usually the trails are quite rough and with the amount of blowdown this year you are sure to have to hop many many down logs with many of them at angles.

I don't think you would have a lot of fun at this race on a dr350.

The Second Gear Club is having a race at McLean the weekend prior to our cross country. They usually have races for dual sport bikes on a modified course during the Saturday racing. I think you would be much happier riding that race. Their forum is located here.

darren
Writer
Writer

Post by darren »

We found the Grizzly last night! If any of you can get there, and conquor the Grizzly, than you are the man/or woman (politically speaking)...actually you are the IRON MAN.

Hopefully you are all gearing up and training like mad.
2008 KTM 300 XCW

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

We need another satelite phone.....anyone out there have one we can rent.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Now updated on Home page

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

has anyone seen the forcast? Rain on tues and Wed. then lots of sun.... this is going to be perfect, I mean PERFECT!!!!!

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Ribbons hung by me in the first 10k...........zero
Pipe bent.................................................once
skid plate mashed....................................twice
asshanded to me on a plate......................countless
working on the proloop of the grizz on a sunny day with the boys.............PRICELESS

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Great summary Howard. Man what a rough day that was. I would love to hit that trail in reverse under dry ground conditions to see if was any easier? Maybe next year.

hoppy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hoppy »

I'm so dead !!! :crybaby:

:cripple:

Hoppy
'07 KTM XC-W
Ride hard or stay home !!

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Do not worry. Don't listen to the guys above....they are talking about the pro, intermediate and vet master loop only! the juniors, vet juniors, super vets, ladies A and beginners will not be going on this loop that everyone is talking about. the B Loop is much more managable. it is endless single track all linked together for your enjoyment.....don't miss this opportunity. there is a bunch of fresh single track that you have never ridden before. the guys above are juniors trying to ride the pro loop, of coarse they can't ride it. however, it is something we can all shoot for, right!!

ThirtySeven, nice attempt at "Befus", the rocky climb to the check. next time you will get it! A good hill climb requires at least 5 attempts. if you can climb it in one try, it is not even worth mentioning. thanks for the help out this weekend. we were on our bikes for 7 hours on saturday and 5 hours on sunday. last night 3 of us got in another 10 KM's on the A loop, so we are almost there.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

totally agree with you Big Dog, the B loop is some great single track that all levels of riders will enjoy. It is just the A loop that will require some more time without the training wheels before I can master those hills.

Great job to Brent for finding these trails, and coordinating the flagging. This has been a TREMENDOUS undertaking to link up 90km of nearly all single track!

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Dobi wrote:totally agree with you Big Dog, the B loop is some great single track that all levels of riders will enjoy.
This has been a TREMENDOUS undertaking to link up 90km of nearly all single track!
Hmm, this makes me think... Maybe I SHOULD make this my first ever XC race... :D :devil:

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

I agree with Dobi. My hat goes off to Brent for all his work in bringing these trails together into two loops. I only helped with the B (easy) loop, and think it is totally ridable for most people, but will be present some good challenges.

I also think that if this is the only race you do this year, you will not be disappointed

Zeal
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

W.F.O
Contributor
Contributor

Post by W.F.O »

Can I race a Rhino???

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist