Dirty Moose XII Dirty Dozen 2016

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Dirty Moose XII Dirty Dozen 2016

Post by cedric »

Thanks to everyone involved in putting that together. It was my first race since '07 and it was great to get back out there in the mix. I'm a lot older than I was then and the slick conditions and constant foot dabbing took a toll on me and by about the 90 min mark I was completely gassed and had numerous cramps all over. The rest of the race I was mostly in survival mode and watched as a stream of racers blew past me. I spent the rest of the day complaining to my buddies about how tired and sore I was, sorry dudes. Three days later I still hurt, and yet I find myself scheming to see if there is a way I might be able to get to another one before the end of the year. Racing is addictive. Really glad I made it out for the race, I won't wait another 9 years before I do another one.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

cedric wrote:Thanks to everyone involved in putting that together. It was my first race since '07 and it was great to get back out there in the mix. I'm a lot older than I was then and the slick conditions and constant foot dabbing took a toll on me and by about the 90 min mark I was completely gassed and had numerous cramps all over. The rest of the race I was mostly in survival mode and watched as a stream of racers blew past me. I spent the rest of the day complaining to my buddies about how tired and sore I was, sorry dudes. Three days later I still hurt, and yet I find myself scheming to see if there is a way I might be able to get to another one before the end of the year. Racing is addictive. Really glad I made it out for the race, I won't wait another 9 years before I do another one.

It was great seeing you out at the race Cedric. I am sorry you had to listen to MarkVFR whine the whole way home about losing to some out of shape old guy that eats fast food on race day. I have your shirt and can meet you for a drop off this week downtown.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Thanks Dobi, I'll be in touch. By my recollection, I was the one doing all the whining on the way home...