Stampede HS

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Stampede HS

Post by cladoo »

I hope everyone had a good time at the races this weekend. It's unfortunate that Dennis got hurt, I pray he heals fast. I have a little bone to pick with a certain Junior rider that has to learn a little more trail etiquette. I will move over as soon as I have a chance, swearing at me won't help and trying to pass where you can't and nailing me in the shoulder with your handlebar is pretty stupid. My 2 cents!
Claude
Claude

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

HS

Post by thumper-darryl »

Do we know who this rider is? If we identify this guy he will not be racing again. EVER. There is no place in amateur sport like ours for this. Pro's do not behave like this, and it amazes me that a junior does.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

Birdman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Birdman »

Did Dennis have a head injury? If so I saw him at the urgent care clinic tonight, My wife overheard that he was hurt at the Harescramble.
Back to 4 wheels
Raptor 700R SE

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Thumper-Darrell Ive heard plenty of pros swearing behind me, come to think of it Ive heard plenty of Juniors swearing behind me as well. Cladoo, I think it takes a few tough races before a guy transitioning from motox realizes that our races are long and you dont have to mow over everyone in front of you, thats my optomistic view anyways.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I don't believe he was a motohead but I could be wrong and I know who he is and was going to have a talk to him after the race but with everything going on with Dennis (hip injury) I never saw the guy after.
Claude
Claude

ripandtear
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ripandtear »

Sorry to hear about the injury to Dennis. Hope it's not too serious.
Does anybody know who some of the division winners were?
Junior? Who were the top 2-3?

Terry
Terry

2006 KTM 250 XC-W
2003 KTM 250 EXC - sold
04 Yamaha TTR 90 - sold
03Yamaha PW 80

buggo
Writer
Writer

Post by buggo »

All the Best Dennis, Get better fast. This sport needs guy's like yourself.

As for the juniors, I agree with Claude. I took a couple of bars to the rib cage during the start mayhem.
Most of these guys end up sitting on a stump trying to catch their breath by half way mark.
Most pro's are great, they can pass almost anywhere. These yo yo's end up crashng while there pushing past you!
My .02 worth!
Paul B.
08 250 XC We
Kona
Specialized Enduro Pro

buggo
Writer
Writer

Post by buggo »

Oh! By the way

Great Effort by all you guys.
Brent especially you and your wife!
The event was FIRST CLASS!!!!!
:dblthumb:
Paul B.
08 250 XC We
Kona
Specialized Enduro Pro

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Dennis was injured on top of the Barwell ridge right before the series of large log hops...5 mins off of the start. He dislocated his hip and was in severe pain and we tried to pull his leg back into the socket but could not after 3 tries. Dennis pretty much almost blacked out from the pain. We had no way of knowing if he fractured his femur or hip or what the exact injury was and the worst part was we were trapped on top of that ridge with no quad access. However, Egbert was crazy enough to give the switch backs a go on his quad with Shawn on the back to compensate for the side hill cliff crossings to get up there, once we got the quad up getting Dennis on the quad was the next big challenge. During this whole quad episode the Rangers on the ground dispatched a heli because we all thought it was impossible to reach Dennis via quad so when I relayed the message that we were coming down the switchbacks to the rangers the chopper was already in the air and the rangers did not want to turn the chopper around......anyways, I am glad the injury turned out to be not too bad, could have been very severe. I am impressed with Dennis's pain tolerance, 3 tylenol 3's only took the edge off and that was after an hour of laying on the ridge.
Check out the results in my other thread. Thanks to everyone for all the volunteer efforts!!! I had a great time (before Dennis's mishap)
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I talked to Dennis today. They reset his hip last night and let him go home. He was at work today. He is a tough guy. I guess the soft tissue damage will take a while to heal but I'm so happy to hear that nothing was broken inside.

Get well soon Dennis. :thumbsup:

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Back at work already!!!!

Holy - Dennis you're a tough bastar*d!!

;)
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Trudy
Writer
Writer

Post by Trudy »

Glad to hear you're doing well Dennis. A big thumbs up to you!

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

I'm sure glad I buy the Stars Lottery every year, Hopefully I can donate my ride in it to Dennis, Cause I don't really want to ride in it that way. Get feeling better quick Dennis. WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

Tough or too dumb to know when to quit??- I don"t really know but I can"t say THANK YOU!! enough to everyone out there who helped me and my family-Paul Neumiester got a bunch of stiches in his forehead riding back down,Dean Cockshutt had to drive to someones house because the emergency phone by the equestrian campground does not work,Egbert Rode me down on his Quad, Sean and someone else ran-walked beside the quad holding my helemt that was supporting my foot, Chris Bonneau and Don Mann gave up their races to help me ( and both of them let me talk them into trying to relocate my leg by pulling on it and listening to me scream-three different times -TRIPLE OUCH! ) Then everybody down at camp that helped my family load up the motorhome,trailer and truck- Hell the Hodgkins family (Dave and his dad Brian) even dumped my waste tanks before they delivered my motorhome and trailer loaded with bikes. Thanks as well to Brent Kroeker,Brian Harmes,Dave Sheridan, and of course Dean Boettcher (our EMS who really felt helpless but did everything he could under the circumstances) and the others that helped I have not mentioned .Also thanks to the emregency people with the ambulance and the chopper ( not the recommended way to get a chopper ride) We are truly blessed to have such GREAT PEOPLE TO HANG WITH, THANK YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!! :canada: :cheers:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

rooster

Post by DirtGirl »

Glad to hear you are doing ok!! :cripple:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w