2013 Race course - request for volunteer

Work days, Race Volunteers, Questions and Discussion about the races that the RMDRA promotes.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2013 Race course - request for volunteer

Post by dirtyboy »

Well, most of the race course deflagging has been completed. Thanks to all who have worked on this task over the last few weeks. :applause: :applause: :applause:

There is a 30 minute job left right near the Fallen Timber campground. The race ribbon for the start of the adult course from just East of the bridge (where we ride under the Forestry Trunk Road) to the creek crossing and up the hill needs to be removed. Also there is a very small amount West of the same bridge, on the South side of the creek. I think it was from the kids loop.

If there is anyone up in that area that would consider volunteering to remove the ribbon that would be great. There are still a number of tasks left to finish up the work around the race so if someone would step up on this one it would help out a lot. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your consideration.

elliotd

Re: 2013 Race course - request for volunteer

Post by elliotd »

I'm out there this weekend coming up. I'll brew some coffee for the camel pack and have a morning stroll clean up.... :)
E

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

elliotd wrote:I'm out there this weekend coming up. I'll brew some coffee for the camel pack and have a morning stroll clean up.... :)
E
Thanks so much. Make sure to bring some rubber boots so you can get across the creek without getting too wet. :thinking:

elliotd

Post by elliotd »

Got everything up to the road at the top of the hill.... noticed ripping around after that the juniors/women's track just north not south of the start location had allot of flags still.... didn't have time to clean that up. :thinking:

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

elliotd wrote:Got everything up to the road at the top of the hill.... noticed ripping around after that the juniors/women's track just north not south of the start location had allot of flags still.... didn't have time to clean that up. :thinking:
Pretty sure we deflagged our loops there, but there is a lot of flagging out there.....been many races over the years, and not all by us.

Really appreciate you helping with this, and DB for posting it :thumbsup:

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

The Kids and I definitely got the Ladies / Kids Beginner loop completely deflagged on the Monday after the race. Some of the prior race flags on other tracks were around... we only cleared far enough they wouldn't get confusing on our loop.

Need to find flagging that stays sound until frozen, then disintegrates :D
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

RJHenry wrote:The Kids and I definitely got the Ladies / Kids Beginner loop completely deflagged on the Monday after the race. Some of the prior race flags on other tracks were around... we only cleared far enough they wouldn't get confusing on our loop.

Need to find flagging that stays sound until frozen, then disintegrates :D
we have a few boxes of KTM arrows that would work wonders......

elliotd

Post by elliotd »

there is stuff like this out on the market... http://www.cspforestry.com/Biodegradabl ... iotape.htm
Not sure if it has been tested before... seems legit. :thumbsup: