New Skis'

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Sounds like an awesome setup Kwi-Chang.

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

Took the kids to Nakiska yesterday to snowboard and tried out the new gear.
The new skis' didn't 'ski themselves' as I had been told. The 185cm B2's took a fair bit of effort & speed to get them carving but the conditions were hard pack (and icy in some sections). I have not skied in almost 15 years so I guess I should expect a little relearning time. I'm a bit sore today and I only skied a 1/2 day! Need some aerobic conditioning too...

Hopefully I will get a chance to ski them in some softer stuff soon.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

B2's will be average at best on hardpack. They are more for soft snow, crud, and powder

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

I think I had too high expectations - for the skis' and myself. Looking forward to trying them in some better conditions.

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Kwi-Chang wrote:I think I had too high expectations - for the skis' and myself. Looking forward to trying them in some better conditions.
I hope you weren't expecting a ski that would Euro-noodle you down the hill :D

From my Bandit XX,XXX experience these skis like high speed crud/powder with big arcing GS style turns. Nakiska is too icy/hard to turn anyways. Just point your tips straight down and reach terminal velocity. This is what I tell my wife when she complains it is too icy. Well quit trying to turn on it then and just go down the hill! :D
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

No Euro -noodling for me!

The dimensions and the flex lead me to believe that the B2's would be a great ski. It was the only ski that Ski Canada mag listed to be good in 4 out of 6 categories of skier ability and terrain. The only 2 categories it wasn't in were beginner/hard pack and beginner/soft-powder.

Terminal velocity here I come!