Airoh helmets

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Airoh helmets

Post by WRocks »

I'm looking at getting an Airoh Aviator helmet, but am not sure whether to order a large or extra large and since no one carries them in Calgary, it's not exactly easy to go try one on and find out. I tried on Dallas' Stelt large, but would like to try an extra large to make sure i'm happy with the fit.

Does anyone out thete have an extra large Aviator or Stelt lid I could try on out there?

I'm quite sure already that I will need the thinner cheek pads...
If you need any parts/accessories for your helmet, let me know and I can include it in the order.

Cheers,
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Airoh helmets

Post by WRocks »

I measured my bean and come up with 58 cm, a large fits 59-60cm, so think that will work.
I'll probably be ordering tomorrow, so if there's something you need, send me the part number...

http://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk (Best pricing?)
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

PM sent
#Z3B

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

I ordered an Aviator Venom black/white, cant wait to get it...
Too bad the entire product line is not availible in Canada...
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF

BrioleVoiturier

Post by BrioleVoiturier »

I ad bad experience at Dirt bike Express and the service is very poor.

Does anyone else here use Dirt Bike Express to supply Airoh helmets?

For the 3rd time I ordered some, They are quick enough to take the payment but I have now been waiting nearly 3 weeks for some replacement peaks and cheek pads. This happened previously and it was the same.

All I get from them is that the goods have been shipped and will be with me on 3rd march..then 4th ...then 5th and so on. I could have bloody well walked to their depot and picked them up quicker!

In short - unreliable supplier, dont use if you want your goods in less than 4 weeks!

:thumbsdown:

Did someone have ordered at www.airohamerica.com ?

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

BrioleVoiturier wrote:I ad bad experience at Dirt bike Express and the service is very poor.

For the 3rd time I ordered some, They are quick enough to take the payment but I have now been waiting nearly 3 weeks for some replacement peaks and cheek pads. This happened previously and it was the same.

All I get from them is that the goods have been shipped and will be with me on 3rd march..then 4th ...then 5th and so on. I could have bloody well walked to their depot and picked them up quicker!

In short - unreliable supplier, dont use if you want your goods in less than 4 weeks!

Did someone have ordered at http://www.airohamerica.com ?
My stuff arrived in 7 days. I was happy with them.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I have used http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/ and been happy with the service (I spoke to them on the phone) and the shipping as well as border stuff.

Good experience!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

BrioleVoiturier wrote:I ad bad experience at Dirt bike Express and the service is very poor.

Did someone have ordered at http://www.airohamerica.com ?
i did some searching and it looks like dirtbike express did reply to you... i have looked and i can not find many negative reviews. Maybe it was just one of those mistakes?

Here is the dialogue. i assume "instructorman" is you?

YOU>>>According to the shipping label the parcel was sent on 6 January 2011............enough said?

Clearly all the promises about delivery dates were a complete load of bollocks

THEM>>>(21/02/2011 15:06:05)
Instructorman: I have located your original order placed with us which I was placed late on 27/12/2010. Unfortunately, our courier offered us a very limited service over the Christmas period, this is the reason your parcel wasn't send as quickly as normal.
I have tracked the progress of the parcel online and can see it was sent to the wrong depot on one occassion, hence the reason for the parcel being re-booked in and re-labelled on the 6th.
Please accept our apologies for the delay experienced this time, we hope to be of use to you again in the future.

THEM>>>(21/02/2011 15:13:2)
Looney Tune:

It is a shame for you to base your decision on whether or not to purchase from us on one single review. I am sure you would be hard-pressed to find any other bad reviews. These forums are all very well and good for expressing people's negative experiences, unfortunately they are not so freely used for expressing the good!
Surely one bad review out of thousands upon thousands of customers shows how good we are! We have many exclusive products on our website:

www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk; products, that no other retailer has.

We hope to be of use to you in the future.

THEM>>>(21/02/2011 15:15:55)

Zippo34:

We cannot remedy a problem that we are unaware of. If you feel you have received the wrong size boots, you should have contacted us by email to advise so we can sort for you. We cannot help otherwise!
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

BrioleVoiturier

Post by BrioleVoiturier »

The best is to buy to ebay and ship as a gift= no taxes did someone know a dealer in Canada?

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

I had a positive experience with DirtBike Express. I talked to a Airoh distributor in Quebec and the quote was not very competivive. The distributor then contacted me latter to offer a little better pricing, but I had already order and it was still cheaper anyway. Recieved my new lid within 7 business days from the UK...amazing.

BrioleVoiturier, we only pay 5% GST in Alberta, I am not willing to risk being black listed by Customs Canada for $15.00.
#Z3B

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Post by hilux94 »

Dirtbikebitz.com is the best!

Great rates, good customer service (calling is best), they will let you know if the product is backordered and give you a few options! I have bought 4 airohs of them online, and 2 on site in Europe. Love it.

And pricing is super awesome...!! Way better then Airoh North America, and I work at a dealership
2012 250XC

"If you can't be good, be good at it"

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Another :thumbsup: for Dirtbike Express. Got my helmet in four days. They also have good customer service and would recommend them. Their prices were better than dirtbikebitz back when I was buying few years ago. I don't think you can go wrong with either outfit.

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

Got my order from DBE, everything was there and am looking forward to the new Aviator lid.

I was told that all the Stelt cheek pads 15-30mm fit all Stelt helmets. This is apparently not the case for the Aviator.
Also Stelt helmet liners and cheek pads are only available in black/white right now

I ordered a spare peak for my Aviator, but failed to realize the peak screws are not included.
If anyone is ordering from DBE, can you get a set of Aviator peak screws? (£11.99)
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF

hilux94
Writer
Writer

Post by hilux94 »

WRocks wrote:Got my order from DBE, everything was there and am looking forward to the new Aviator lid.

I was told that all the Stelt cheek pads 15-30mm fit all Stelt helmets. This is apparently not the case for the Aviator.
Also Stelt helmet liners and cheek pads are only available in black/white right now

I ordered a spare peak for my Aviator, but failed to realize the peak screws are not included.
If anyone is ordering from DBE, can you get a set of Aviator peak screws? (£11.99)

I have some extra screws i will happily give you.... i need pipes blown out to...
2012 250XC

"If you can't be good, be good at it"

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

hilux94 wrote:I have some extra screws i will happily give you.... i need pipes blown out to...
Hey there Hilux, Aviator and Stelt peak screws seem to be different. if the ones you have are for Stelt and you have extras you don't want I'd take a few as they won't work for Wrocks anyway. I too just ordered an extra peak on his order and yepp they didn't throw in extra screws. Crazy seeing as they are 60 bucks for the visor.