Riding Video 2010

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Riding Video 2010

Post by Shibby! »

Featuring current members on RMDRA trails. Remember to click on 720p HD.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ojSZLq24U4

Part 2:

http://vimeo.com/17500999
Last edited by Shibby! on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Riding Video 2010

Post by thirtyseven »

Nice Job! :thumbsup:
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

:applause: Very Nice :applause:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

That was sweet. :thumbsup: What cam are you using?
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

rogue wrote:That was sweet. :thumbsup: What cam are you using?
Contour Vholdr 1080HD.

It's recorded in 720p 30FPS though. Too much of a battery and memory hog in 1080P, plus it takes a lot of computer power. Thankfully my MacbookPro is good for something...

I'd have part 2 posted if I wasn't running into issues. I am having some problems uploading to Youtube at the moment. Hopefully works this time and I might have it up tonight, or early tomorrow morning.

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Nice work Shibby. :thumbsup: Nice song choices. :applause:

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Uploading Part 2 for the 4th or 5th time...

Had a few communication issues. I think that's because my computer backs up at night when it's uploading. Then I uploaded the vid that didn't have the music right because I had to cut the video in half because it was over the 10 min mark. After that, it didn't like my song selection so rather then helping Sublime out, I'd sooner have a smaller band that needs the exposure.

Hopefully today Part 2 will be uploaded and working.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Grrr..

Failed again with new song..

Do these record labels know that these bands would still be playing in their garage if it wasn't for the internet? I hate this sludge. The record labels make a killing and the band suffers.

Trying Vimeo now.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Vimeo +1
Youtube 0

Part 2 posted in original post.

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

Sure makes a guy wish that it was the middle of summer!

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

That's a sweet cam Shibby. Looks awesome on my 23" screen!
Nov 5th was a great day for riding, thanks for recording it.
The green vegetation in part one gives me a touch of spring fever... :crybaby:

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

twotired wrote:That's a sweet cam Shibby. Looks awesome on my 23" screen!
Nov 5th was a great day for riding, thanks for recording it.
The green vegetation in part one gives me a touch of spring fever... :crybaby:
...take a cold shower, that feeling will go away.
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

How did you get Youtube to accept music on a video? i can never upload my videos with music, how did you do it?
Also, what program did you edit with allowing sound and music?
Thanks
Good stuff. Contour is the best!
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Spinalguy wrote:How did you get Youtube to accept music on a video? i can never upload my videos with music, how did you do it?
Also, what program did you edit with allowing sound and music?
Thanks
Good stuff. Contour is the best!
To be honest, I don't know. Not sure if the Mad Caddies are covered by a label, but it's sound recognition software that determines the song and see's if it has copyright laws (covered by a label). You can read why it's rejected when it says audio dissabled.

As mentioned, bands like Authority Zero and Sick Figures would be unknowns if it wasn't for the internet. These label's are hampering their sucesss by not letting their music be known and heard. Music in a video is not downloading music. I don't know why they care about this other then they don't have their greedy hands on profit (if there was any?)

Vimeo uploaded what I couldn't load to Youtube, so I will use them from now on. Problem is they only allow 500 megs/week for a free account.

I used Imovie because of the crappy .mov files the contour records in. I can't find a program that does better, but then again Imovie is good and simple for me as this was my first video. It can probably do a lot more then I have used it for to. Just need to learn more and make more videos!

Mac's seem to handle movies very well. One thing good about Mac's. It made this video with ease. It was made on a higher end 13" Macbook Pro.

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Shibby! wrote: To be honest, I don't know. Not sure if the Mad Caddies are covered by a label, but it's sound recognition software that determines the song and see's if it has copyright laws (covered by a label). You can read why it's rejected when it says audio dissabled.

As mentioned, bands like Authority Zero and Sick Figures would be unknowns if it wasn't for the internet. These label's are hampering their sucesss by not letting their music be known and heard. Music in a video is not downloading music. I don't know why they care about this other then they don't have their greedy hands on profit (if there was any?)

Vimeo uploaded what I couldn't load to Youtube, so I will use them from now on. Problem is they only allow 500 megs/week for a free account.

I used Imovie because of the crappy .mov files the contour records in. I can't find a program that does better, but then again Imovie is good and simple for me as this was my first video. It can probably do a lot more then I have used it for to. Just need to learn more and make more videos!

Mac's seem to handle movies very well. One thing good about Mac's. It made this video with ease. It was made on a higher end 13" Macbook Pro.
Yeah, the last two vids I uploaded to youtube, the music was allowed (Lonely Island and Cat Empire) so like Shibby said it depends whats covered by a label. If youtube doesn't work, I use the Contour site, decent encoding and no limit on uploads.

As to editing software, everyone will tell you something different Spinalguy. I use FCP for most 1080P video editing as its a lot more powerful but it is quite clunky. For quick vids like riding videos I also use Imovie as its fast and simple and also used Windows Movie Maker on PC which did a decent job as well. I'm a recent (last two/three years) Mac convert as well, and its true, for photo and video editing, there is no better package. At least in my limited opinion.