Nuun Hydration Tablets

Skiing, Chit Chat. Just about any topic that doesn't fit into the other categories.
Dirtbuddy420
Writer
Writer

Nuun Hydration Tablets

Post by Dirtbuddy420 »

I just recently got put onto this fine product and though i'd share.

Great for all us PRO MX and hungover riders :cheers: .... NUUN ACTIVE HYDRATION

I've tried the citrus and tri-berry, both good.

What is Nuun
2008 WR450

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Nuun Hydration Tablets

Post by Rider Eh! »

I'll share a secret, breathe threw your nose. Breathing through your mouth evaporates saliva and dehydrates you.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Rider Eh! wrote:I'll share a secret, breathe threw your nose. Breathing through your mouth evaporates saliva and dehydrates you.
X2 :cool:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I use e-load. I sweat more through my body than I ever could through my mouth....

A friend that is a triatholon competitor swears by them. I was thinking of giving them a whirl.

I find if I drink straight water I drink way too much and have to pee more than I normally do (which is a LOT :blush:)

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

I use a special formulation of hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms. At exactly two parts to one, this formulation has sustained not only humanity but infact, all of life for millenia, (or eons depending on your philosophical, religious and scientific bent). This formulation is an enigma, cheap but priceless, readily available to the average Canadian yet canada's greatest resource. It is good stuff!
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

Thirtyseven, you should market this secret concoction. I'd bet you could probably sell it in convenience stores the world over for a couple dollars a litre.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

...or maybe you should try dipping your gear in it once in a while too...

rock93
Writer
Writer

Post by rock93 »

Buying water, isn't that crazy when it comes out of your tap for free. Someones a good sales person.

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

thirtyseven wrote:I use a special formulation of hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms. At exactly two parts to one, this formulation has sustained not only humanity but infact, all of life for millenia, (or eons depending on your philosophical, religious and scientific bent). This formulation is an enigma, cheap but priceless, readily available to the average Canadian yet canada's greatest resource. It is good stuff!

Ah so, Grasshopper, what you speak is true, but you must realize that as you work the body, what we call fatigue is not only our bodies feeling tired, but it is breaking down. As our body breaks down, it begins to refuse to absorb your 'special brew', so you can drink all you want, but the body will not absorb it. Hydration systems such as Eload ( not sure about the Nuun product ) are formulated to include a catalist that triggers your body to absorb HtwoOH.

Not to say that the consumption of simple water does not work, but in a longer endurance event, if one is not in the perfect shape, the break down of the body is accelerated by the inability to absorb water....very bad feeling to see the fluid leave the body as fast as it entered.

cheers

fry

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

While, your thesis may be true for the general population, it is fundamentally flawed in my case. The error in your logic comes with your assumption that I work my body. I avoid work at all costs, and my only endevour that may cause fatigue requires "time to chat" afterwords. :eek:

Having said that, I raced in both frosty Sanchez races, and at the narramatta one my body completely froze the first half of the race. Would eload or something help that?
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

fryguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by fryguy »

thirtyseven wrote:While, your thesis may be true for the general population, it is fundamentally flawed in my case. The error in your logic comes with your assumption that I work my body. I avoid work at all costs, and my only endevour that may cause fatigue requires "time to chat" afterwords. :eek:

Having said that, I raced in both frosty Sanchez races, and at the narramatta one my body completely froze the first half of the race. Would eload or something help that?
Ya know...as I typed the words "work" my inside voice was ringing off the hook, and you pegged it...but what do your fearing competitors think of your confidence :D :D

My 'thesis' is what was told to me, and I've actually tested the spiele a few times, but I know many that do not like the effects of the 'catalyst'.

you stand, point taken my friend :cheers:

rock93
Writer
Writer

Post by rock93 »

The problem I have with all these supplements is that you feel like a lab rat trying someones scientific experment. I think the less chemicals you put in your body the better off you are. You should stick to good stuff to hydrate your body like beer and coffee. :D